Concord and SmartThings Z-Wave Issue

I am having an issue with my Concord panel paired with my Smarthing Hub. After adding a new Z-Wave thermostat I then removed my hub from the Concord panel and added it back in. However, all of my devices don’t seem to have been imported properly. What can I do to fix this?

Happy to assist!

The first thing you will want to do is remove the SmartThings hub from the Concord 4 Z-Wave network. Once that is done, enroll all Z-Wave devices directly into the SmartThings hub.

Once all Z-wave devices are learned into the hub, then you will want to bring the SmartThings hub within about six feet from the Concord 4 Z-Wave module/cellular module and pair. You will need to leave the hub near the Concord module for about ten minutes or so after the pairing process to ensure that all commands have had a chance to go though and device pairings to sync. Then you can move the SmartThings hub back to its installation point.

Don’t forget, you will want to run a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery once everything has been learned in and is in its final location. You can run the first from the SmartThings hub and then another from the Concord 4 to ensure that all Z-Wave device commands a routed efficiently. As you utilize the Concord 4, this cannot be done locally, only remotely by your dealer. To do so, please submit a request for us to run the Z-Wave Network Rediscovery by submitting a secure message to our customer service team.