Concord 4 "Receiver Failure", and removing wireless zones

Maybe someone can give me some pointers on solving this issue. We have the Concord 4 system and initially, about 2-3 times a year the system started beeping that there is a problem, “Receiver Failure”. For the most part I have just been powering it down and plug it all back in and it “resets” itself. Good to go for months. This is now happening daily, and highly annoying as you can imagine, so the system has been completely powered down at this point.

The installer, who has not returned my calls/e-mails, installed the system with all wired contacts throughout the house with exception of 2 “crank-out” style windows in our sun room. Apparently they could not use the typical wired window sensor here. No big deal, until now. From what I understand the main panel board located in my basement is failing to communicate with the wireless sensors, thus the “Receiver Failure” error message and loud beeping. Wireless sensor batteries are fine, full charge.

I have a few options I’m considering. One is fixing the problem, new sensors, new panel, etc. The other is just eliminating the wireless zone altogether. Since the crank-out style windows are about 4 feet off the ground and would be the most difficult to access considering a break-in. I’m fine to remove them.

So, going with option 2, I recently programmatically removed the zones using the installer code and keypad. After deleting these sensors and powering the system back up, I still get the error message, “Receiver Failure” and beeping.

Follow up, answered my own question. In case anyone else runs into this situation, you can enter into the “Reporting” menu in programming mode and turn off Receiver Failure, which was set to “on”.

So, going with option 2, I recently programmatically removed the zones using the installer code and keypad. After deleting these sensors and powering the system back up, I still get the error message, “Receiver Failure” and beeping.

The Receiver failure is referencing the RF receiver on the panel, not the sensors themselves. Deleting the sensors won’t affect that status. You would either need to resolve the underlying issue (could be damaged antennae, etc) or turn off the receiver report if you are no longer using any RF sensors (what you did already).