Concord 4 Interlogix module issue

Always happy to help!

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Can you offer a how to on adding the GE 45601 controller into the system so that I am able to use it for adding the rest of my modules? I know that it won’t add my locks or garage door controller but, I used to be able to add new lights and such with the remote. I can’t remember how I originally set that up. But the way I had it set up I was able to add or remove devices with either the remote and/or the concord 4 zwave module. I’ve attached the instructions I used to add the remote into the system currently which doesn’t allow me to do what I’d like.

From the manual, see the bold portion for related instruction:

"Make sure the Concord panel is connected to AC power when
enrolling Z-Wave devices.
When adding devices, first add the devices closest to the
Alarm.com system, and then move outwards.
Devices must be within 6 ft of the Alarm.com module when
adding it to the network, Install each of the Z-Wave peripherals
in their desired locations, following the manufacturer’s
instructions. Then follow the instructions to add (include) each
device into the Alarm.com module’s network. If a device will
not be within 6 ft. of the Alarm.com module in its permanent
installation location, include it in the network before installation
or use a controller (controllers are not available for locks, see
below).
If installing a portable Z-Wave controller, first add the controller
to the Alarm.com Z-Wave network using the Concord panel,
and then use the portable controller to add the remaining
devices to the network while the devices are in their permanent
locations.
(Locks cannot be added to the controller, and will
need to be added by the Alarm.com module.) Devices must be
within 6 ft. of the controller if a controller is being used to learn
in devices. "

Thanks. That’s very similar to what I posted and how I added in the remote however, the remote will not add anything to the network like I’m expecting it to and how it worked in the past. The panel confirmed the remote was added and I see it reflected on ADC but I can’t add anything to the network with the remote. Is there a primary/secondary change I need to make or somehow assign the concord module to act as a static controller?

Note that the GE remote is not an officially supported device and dedicated ADC directions would not be available. Unfortunately I do not have a 45601 to test here.

I am attaching instructions from the manual for the GE remote you are using which may be relevant, however. They discuss transferring node data from the remote and passing Primary control to another controller.

Again, to clarify, note that regardless of what system you are trying to add them to, a Z-wave device absolutely must be cleared of its parent network first before it can be added to a new network. The individual devices save the parent network information and this must be cleared individually.

This means you must perform a “Remove Device” function first for each Z-wave device before it can be added to a new network. You can use Remove Device from any controller, then activate the Z-wave device you want to clear.

Cool. Yea I have gone through and deleted/reset all zwave modules throughout the house. I did that with the remote before I added it to the concord and it worked when I was only using the remote. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the link between the concord and the remote. I have the manual and have been trying to figure out if there was something I was missing but can’t get it to work like it did before. I’ll play around with it and see if I can get it to function the way I want. Thanks for your help.

Yea I have gone through and deleted/reset all zwave modules throughout the house. I did that with the remote before I added it to the concord and it worked when I was only using the remote. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the link between the concord and the remote. I have the manual and have been trying to figure out if there was something I was missing but can’t get it to work like it did before.

It may be that you need to manually transfer the device info via the first part of the instructions in the attachment above. Have you tried that part yet?

I tried that, no luck. I’m wondering if it’s a compatibility issue with the newer firmware maybe? I’ve called Jasco customer support to see if they have any suggestions. I tried to call interlogix support but, they do not support end users.

I’m also struggling with adding my garage door module into the network too. I’ve re-excluded it and tried to add it 4 times but I keep getting the 5 blink error on L5 LED :frowning:

I’m actually getting the L5 5 blink error with light modules as well. Can you send a refresh/reboot command to the module and maybe clear it out or something?

I’m really sorry, I’ve never struggled this much with my stuff lol. I think maybe it’s stemming from adding and removing that remote so much.

There may in fact be changes regarding the newer firmware and the remote.

What model of garage device are you using? GD00Z-?

Your current module should be compatible with the Linear Z-wave garage opener.

I’m really sorry, I’ve never struggled this much with my stuff lol. I think maybe it’s stemming from adding and removing that remote so much.

No need to apologize! The Concord is not terribly user friendly compared to other systems with regard to Z-wave networking. An

I’ve sent a reboot command, please allow 5 minutes for that to complete.

When you were removing the devices, did you remove them via the remote? Can you try one of the lights using the delete device process on the Concord module, then try adding?

Thanks Jason. When I went through and deleted all the modules, I used the remote so I wouldn’t have to go back-and-forth to the concord. I will try the delete with the concord and then re-add a light module.

The opener is GD00Z-4.

I gave the reboot 30 minutes. Successfully did the delete with the concord. Went to add and got the 5 blink error. Funny thing is, I had actually added that particular light module successfully to the concord just to make sure it was still functioning properly then removed it when I was troubleshooting the remote issue earlier. I have also tried other light modules since your reboot command and am getting the 5 blink error as well. I have completely removed every zwave device and the concord is giving the 2 blink on L5 saying that it’s the only zwave device on the network. I’m going to do a power cycle, leaving it off for 10 mins then try again. If I am successful in adding one of the light modules after that I will report back. If not, I’ll wait for you guys to offer advice!

Ok, just to be sure, let’s be sure to remove all devices which are not officially compatible. Leave the remote out of the equation and just from scratch try adding a light switch.

I’ve sent a Z-wave reset command, just try adding a light. If it is unsuccessful, please try deleting one more time, and when you delete a device can you confirm that your module identifies a successful removal by doing the following:

Once the device has been deleted successfully, the panel
will beep, and the yellow LED L2 on the Alarm.com
module’s Z-Wave board will become solid and stay solid
for 1 minute (allow up to 5 seconds for confirmation once
the device has been triggered).

Ok so, tried adding a light module and got the 5 blink error.

Deleted the module, got the confirmation beep and 1 min orange light on the concord module. Waited for the light to go out, attempted to re-add the same module and the result was the 5 blink error again. Anything else I can do?

How far away is the light switch from the Concord module?

It’s 20’ away. It included from that location previously without any issue when I confirmed it was working properly the other day as I was troubleshooting that remote.

It included from that location previously without any issue when I confirmed it was working properly the other day as I was troubleshooting that remote.

Trying to perform the inclusion process from outside the recommended distance will produce varying results.

To troubleshoot it would be best to try adding a device within 6-10 feet of the module, open air. Do you have a plug-in appliance module to try?

Do you have a lock that could be brought to the Concord Module?

I have both and will try them then report back.

I got it to add 3 lamp modules and a lock. How can I get it to add my other devices if they’re hardwired in lol

Network Wide Inclusion is compatible with modules version 177 and up, so when you learn in devices you should go from the closest devices outward, and repeaters with Z-wave 4.5 or later would assist with learning process.

You can try staggering the lights and leave them powered, learn in the further devices afterward. Any luck?