Concord 4 - Enable & Test 2-Way Voice

1. I want to verify/enable/test 2-Way Voice on our Concord 4 system w/Surety-ADC. Appears we have the correct 2-Way Voice hardware bits and wiring form the OE Install in 2017 (also used an ADC as their platform) — based on checking earlier posts. How do I enable 2-way voice? How do I test?

2. How do I make 2 Way Voice our primary first dispatch response step for ALL alarms; other than perhaps a kidnap/duress code? It’s OK if other response method are used as well —in parallel. Without POTS anymore it may be our best bet if the cell phone is not handy or others are here!

3. I there some kind of text notification/response of an alarm or ability to dismiss via ADC app. Need to avoid false alarms, especially the kitchen oven burnt boo-boos… Ahem.

I want to verify/enable/test 2-Way Voice on our Concord 4 system w/Surety-ADC. Appears we have the correct 2-Way Voice hardware bits and wiring form the OE Install in 2017 (also used an ADC as their platform) — based on checking earlier posts. How do I enable 2-way voice? How do I test?

For panels with hardware requirements like the Concord, please send us a secure message or support ticket requesting the change.

After it is enabled and confirmed by our team, you can test by calling the central station (855-348-0367) and requesting that your account be placed in 2-Way Voice Security Test mode, which will allow you to set off an alarm locally and operators will contact via 2-way but will not otherwise act on signals during the test period.

How do I make 2 Way Voice our primary first dispatch response step for ALL alarms; other than perhaps a kidnap/duress code? It’s OK if other response method are used as well —in parallel. Without POTS anymore it may be our best bet if the cell phone is not handy or others are here!

The order in which Two Way contact is made cannot be changed because it is initiated by the panel, but it is indeed used as the first method of contact for all non-panic signals. Other contact methods will follow it.

I there some kind of text notification/response of an alarm or ability to dismiss via ADC app. Need to avoid false alarms, especially the kitchen oven burnt boo-boos… Ahem.

We offer a text chat service (ARM, or Alarm Response Messenger) which can be enabled and disabled for your individual contacts via your Surety system manager.

This allows users to communicate with one another on alarm events or quickly confirm/dismiss alarms. (This only results in notifications for fire alarms though, so fire would still need to be dismissed through 2-Way or phone.)

1. I attempted to test the 2-way voice response of our Concord 4. After a bit of confusion as to what I wanted from the Monitoring subcontractor CSR (they were very polite and an I think got it setup…dunno), it was definitely on test mode as I logged in BEFORE the test to be 100% sure) — Tripped an alarm. Siren went off via the speaker.
    Forgot to put the Dogs out on rainy day…had to cancel the test after about 20 seconds of excessive “secondary canine-powered alarms”…ahem. So I’m gonna retest shortly… Led to question:

Does the voice response cancel the alarm noise (emanating via the same speaker used for 2-way voice response conversation)? How long does that take? Can the racket be muted while we await for the Response Center to call-come online via said speaker?

1. ARM - ALarm Response Messenger - how do I test this ? Does it activate immediately upon alarm or is there a delay? The app shows the alarm immediately I think. Potentially Really nifty feature if works to cancel any false alarms before dispatch…
Does the voice response cancel the alarm noise (emanating via the same speaker used for 2-way voice response conversation)? How long does that take? Can the racket be muted while we await for the Response Center to call-come online via said speaker?

Activation of Two Way Voice should cut siren sounds while two way is active, yes. It would cut the siren when a successful two way connection is made, but the siren will initially go off still.

ARM – ALarm Response Messenger – how do I test this ? Does it activate immediately upon alarm or is there a delay? The app shows the alarm immediately I think. Potentially Really nifty feature if works to cancel any false alarms before dispatch…

Alarm Response Messenger, if activated and not on test mode, will be the first thing you receive quickly after an alarm is triggered.

You’ll receive a text message to any phone contacts you subscribed to ARM in your System Manager, and the text message will include a link to a chat window where you can talk with any other ARM user for your account to quickly see if someone accidentally set it off.

You can request dispatch or confirm it is a false alarm and disregard right from within the chat box. (your valid monitoring passcode must be entered)