Concord 4 communication test

I signed up for service very recently on a new home I bought with an existing Concord 4 alarm system. I would like to attempt to take advantage of all the existing wired sensors if I can. The cell module said it was 3G verizon and unregistered when I looked it up. Also, the system is a previous ADC system.

I’m not able to follow the directions in the communication test and I suspect the installer code was changed in the past. Entering 8-4321-3 does not give me anything results on the control keypad. I’ve scoured the internet attempting to find ways to reset the code or find another code sequence but have not had any success. Does this mean the installer code was changed? What are my options now?

Also, if I wanted to upgrade the control keypad for a 2GIG or Qolsys, would I still need to resolve this installer code issue first? I don’t want to buy a bunch of upgrade equipment before knowing that I can get this system to up and running somehow.

Thanks for any help.

Does this mean the installer code was changed? What are my options now?

Yes, likely the installer code was changed.

You should also be able to perform a cellular test with the Master Code for the panel, I believe.

Do you have the system master user code? If so simply use it in place of the installer code. Does that work for you?

Also, if I wanted to upgrade the control keypad for a 2GIG or Qolsys, would I still need to resolve this installer code issue first?

You cannot put another control panel in place of a keypad and use it with the Concord panel. This would be replacing the Concord panel as the controlling device.

That said, swapping to another panel would be possible, and no, you would not need any codes on the Concord. Are your current alarm sensors wired or wireless or is there a mix?

I would try the master user code first before making changes.

Thanks for the response.

I do not have any codes at all for the existing system. All windows are hard-wired sensors, along with all exterior doors, except for one door that seems to have a wireless sensor. So it appears to be a mixed setup. If I am able to utilize this existing system and sensors, my goal is to have a mixed system and add more z wave sensors and automations.

Without any codes, is my only option to replace the panel and keypad at this point?

Thanks.

Without any codes, is my only option to replace the panel and keypad at this point?

I would say yes, however since this was previously registered to ADC we tried sending another firmware version request (kick starts the command process) and luckily it was acknowledged by the panel. Typically a cell phone test is required to get comms to start, but in this case you should be good to go.

Should you need to change your installer code, we can reset that for you remotely. Simply send a request via our secure message tool with the desired installer code and our team will email confirmation.

You can update your master code and other user codes by logging into Alarm.com and navigating to the users page.

my goal is to have a mixed system and add more z wave sensors and automations.

Just as a point of clarification, Z-wave sensors will not work. Z-wave is used for automation devices like lights locks and thermostats that do not affect the alarm state of the panel. Alarm sensors must be GE Wireless 319.5 (or wired, of course).

That did the trick. I logged in and created my ADC account. Thank you so much.

Regarding the z wave and sensors: will the concord 4 allow me to add a zwave door lock like a Schlage connect? I may have read some incorrect information elsewhere saying the concord 4 was able to add Zwave devices.

If not, my thought was to use a wired to wireless Take over module and upgrade a new touchscreen keypad. Is that a possibility in my case?

Regarding the z wave and sensors: will the concord 4 allow me to add a zwave door lock like a Schlage connect? I may have read some incorrect information elsewhere saying the concord 4 was able to add Zwave devices.

Yes, see above post. Lights, locks, and thermostats are typical automation devices compatible with the Alarm.com module Z-wave radio for the Concord 4.

Lights, locks, and thermostats are not sensors, and I just wanted to call out that Z-wave sensors like door contacts or motion detectors are not compatible at all. Sensors must be 319.5 mhz GE (You mentioned adding Z-wave sensors)

The Alarm.com hardware page is a good resource for compatible Z-wave devices, etc.