Concord 4 bus failure 2

Just installed my 3g module in my Concord 4. When I go to do my cell programming in get a failure bus 2 error. The bus LED is blinking quickly and the auto LED is blinking every few seconds. The left bottom LEDs are solid red and yellow. Please help .

Can you post a photo of your wiring, at the module and panel board? Did you power down the panel completely before installing?

what i did is cleared the memory and re learned the sensors. I no longer have any Bus errors which is nice. How can I “learn” in my smoke and carbon detectors? Also, the green light on L4 of the cell module only blinks for a second or two before turning off and coming on again. Would this mean i only have 1 bar of cell coverage? is it supposed to blink quickly?

How can I “learn” in my smoke and carbon detectors?

For a Wireless Smoke you’ll want group 26 and for the wireless Carbon, youll want group 34.

Start with the panel disarmed. Then hit 8 and the keypad will say

Enter Code

Type in your installer code, then you should see

Enter Command

Punch in 0 0 and it should say

System
Programming

If you do not see this screen you may need to try the previous steps again without any pauses,

Hit # and you will see

Security

Press the down arrow to get to

Sensors

Hit # and it will say

Learn Sensors

Hit # again and you will see

Sensor Partition

Hit # again and it will say

Sensor Group

Enter in the correct group for the type of sensor you are adding, then hit # and it will tell you to

Trip Sensor

Or it will tell you to trip the next available sensor number, if you already have some sensors programmed in.

For wireless devices tamper the sensor

The keypad will beep and go to the next sensor number. To change the next sensor group before you learn in the next sensor hit * , enter the correct group, and then hit # . If the next sensor is going to be the same type as the last one you can simply trip it now without changing the group.

When you are done adding sensors hit * * * to get back to System Programming
Hit the A (up arrow) and it will say Exit Programming Ready then Hit # to exit programming.

Also, the green light on L4 of the cell module only blinks for a second or two before turning off and coming on again

How many times does it blink each time? L4 Indicates cellular signal level as a
number of flashes (1 to 5).

The L4 stays lit for about 2 seconds then goes off for about 2 seconds. This repeats continuiusly. Is it supposed to blinking rapidly or for about second as the other L5 light does?

In addition to the blinking 1-5 times (indicating signal strength) a Slow toggle like the one you describe would indicate that the module is communicating with Alarm.com.

Additionally, Alarm.com is currently reporting your signalling is good.