Compatible Tilt Sensor

I have an NX-8v2 panel, connected to an NX-592E-CMDA-ZX-VZ Cellular Modem / Z-Wave Base.

I purchased this Garage Door Tilt Sensor, and connected it to the Z-Wave network. It shows up in Alarm.com, but as a “Z-Wave Unknown”, and I can’t seem to do anything with it.

Is there a way I can make this device work with the Alarm.com system? If not, is there a Tilt Sensor that is compatible with my system?

Thanks.

Z-wave sensors are not compatible with any Alarm.com alarm panel as a sensing device (aside from energy meters, generally).

Wireless alarm/notification sensors need to use the manufacturer’s sensor RF frequency. For GE Interlogix, that would be 319.5 GE. Do you have a wireless sensor receiver keypad on the panel?

This post goes over monitoring options for your garage.

I do have a touchscreen keypad, but I do not believe it is a wireless sensor receiver. All the existing sensors on the system are wired.

Hm, can you confirm the model number of the keypad? You could use an RF keypad or the NX-548E receiver.

It is an NX-1820e

Ah, gotcha. That model is not an RF model. If you do not have any wireless sensors yet it’s not likely that you would have a 548E installed. Do you know for sure? Was this installed by a local provider or did you install?

The 548E would be a good choice if you plan to add more sensors in the future.