Commercial Monitoring

Do you offer monitoring for Small Businesses?

Absolutely. Any of our service options can be used at a commercial location with an Alarm.com compatible system.

Are you looking for a new alarm system? Or do you have an existing system?

My home uses the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with your monitoring. I have another Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ panel that I was going to use at another location. But, I think I want to convert my business over to the Qolsys and alarm.com.

Are there any differences to Commercial Monitoring; fire, supervision, price, etc…?

Are there any differences to Commercial Monitoring; fire, supervision, price, etc…?

Pricing and features are the same, with optional add-ons like Arming Schedules available (and more focused on commercial properties). There is a difference with regard to how fire alarm signals are handled by operators if you have professional monitoring with your plan:

FIRE-Commercial: Dispatch Fire, call Location, dispatch Security if applicable, call Contact List.

FIRE-Residential: Call Location, if no answer or no Location, Dispatch Fire, dispatch Security if applicable, call Contact List.

Note that the residential smoke detectors and compatible alarm panels monitored through Surety do not meet commercial fire code requirements, so if you must meet code requirements, alternative fire detection is required. Contact your local Fire Marshal with any questions.

I’m assuming DSC PowerG Smoke Detector “PG9936” would meet the requirements. Are you saying that Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ would not meet commercial fire code requirements?

Are you saying that Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ would not meet commercial fire code requirements?

I am. If your commercial location must meet fire code requirements, the Qolsys panel would not be sufficient. The PG9936 is a residential smoke detector. The Qolsys panel would be used for burglary only if you have fire code requirements.

Commercial fire code has very strict requirements for annunciation and detection, including visual and audio alarm requirements, rigid placement guidelines for those annunciators, pull stations, etc., based on the zoning type. Some commercial property types may not have specific code requirements though. Be sure to contact your fire marshal to help determine the requirements for your building.

Got it. Thanks.