Combining window contact with a shock sensor

Have a couple of questions about this video:

1. Just need a confirmation whether these are the sensors on the video:
  1. Why does it work? i.e. how does a shock sensor triggers the alarm via the contact sensor?

2. Is there a video / picture or instructions on how to install this combined sensor once it is put together?

3. In case of a 3 section window, would a single such combined sensor be enough (shock wise)?

Yes, those two sensors are correct.

The 5150W is a piezoelectric device which is self powering from the actual shock produced.

The 5150W should be installed in the corner of the window on the glass, 1 inch down and 1 inch over. The manual can be found here.

The range and detection capability listed by the manufacturer in the manual should be followed. See the attached image. A radius of 10 feet should be the expected range, with laminated glass reducing that range per manual. If you have distinct individually framed panes, you’ll very likely need more than one shock sensor in that scenario. It is extremely important to test after installation to make sure you have the intended coverage.

thank you. I have a couple more questions.

1. It seems that most window break ins are not done via window locks, but rather via cutting / breaking a glass. So it almost does not make sense to install these two together in case I choose to protect against breaking the glass only (especially for windows that open from several sides). Would the only other way to protect from glass break be this sensor?

2. I have a couple of built in windows (they do not open) that are separated by walls. What would you recommend to use in this case?

It seems that most window break ins are not done via window locks, but rather via cutting / breaking a glass. So it almost does not make sense to install these two together in case I choose to protect against breaking the glass only (especially for windows that open from several sides). Would the only other way to protect from glass break be this sensor?

Cutting/breaking glass is typically a pre-cursor to reaching in and unlocking the window, opening it for entry. I do not recommend only covering shock if the window can be opened.

The GB1-345 linked is an audio glass break detector. One major benefit is being able to cover numerous windows with one detector, but note the range of any audio glassbreak used and that they will require line of sight to the windows being covered. If there are intervening objects/walls the sound will be muted.

Note that they are more prone to false alarm than a glass-mounted shock sensor.

I have a couple of built in windows (they do not open) that are separated by walls. What would you recommend to use in this case?

If you cannot cover multiple windows at once with an audio glassbreak detector, glass-mounted shock is still the way to go (and/or utilize motion detectors where possible). When using a combined DW10/shock sensor, the DW10 reed switch does not need to be learned in for the shock loop to function. The two are programmed as independent zones in the panel, so you can use one or both, and it is more cost effective and resistant to false activation than multiple audio glassbreaks.