Cloud Recording Stopped Working After Network Reset

Good Day, Happy New Year,

Over the weekend, I Re-Configured my WiFi access and since then, I am not able to get Saved Cloud Recording on my Phone or other devices,
I am getting the Notifications of “Objects” being detected (Attached) as part of the new Analytic feature, and I have also set all of my Motion Detection Notification to Record a Video each time an object is detected (attached), but the only camera recording for cloud viewing is the Doorbell camera.
I am not sure if it’s because the Server was added, but when I was on the old Wifi network, the Server was also present, and I would still get Cloud Recording on top of Server Recording.
Could you please advise what I am doing wrong? It’s just that it’s painful to have to go back to the Server feed each time to see whom the “Person Detected on Driveway” is rather that the recording of that event on my Activity Stream on Cloud Viewing.

Thank You.

The cameras seem to be connected and responding to pings, changing wifi settings is not going to have an impact if you updated them in the cameras, which it appears has been done.

In this case if you have recording schedules not working, I would try deleting and recreating those schedules under the recording rules page. Any change?

Good Morning,

As of this morning, No Change,
I removed all the Rules, (Video Analytics and VMD) and re created just WMD Rules, but still no change, The only Camera that is recording Video Motion Detection is the DoorBell Camera.
None of the other cameras are recording.
(Images attached)

Just Adding something else to me midst here…
The Server… I noticed that in the process of me updating the WiFi, the Cameras remained connected on the TV Screen I have the Server displaying to; even though there was no Internet Connection, I could still see live Feeds of the Cameras ( I think), But I figured it must have been because they are being saved unto the server (Which is how the server is supposed to work right?) But not sure if that is what is messing with the VMD settings or not…
I do also have the attached error on the “Local Recording” section about one of the Camera; the DRIVEWAY Camera, it’s odd because If I try to access a Live View of that Camera it often works even though the warning seem to show the camera offline…

Cameras record to your SVR across your LAN. They would need to be connected to record. The cameras respond to pings, so a failure to generate clips seems a failure of the rule processing, and if all SVR recordings are there, then something else is amiss.

What model of router are you using? Is it just the one access point for your cameras or do you have multiple?

Does Live view work for all cameras right now?

Try power cycling all of the cameras. Pull their plug-in transformer and wait 60 seconds, then plug them back in.

Good Morning,

I tried the above steps to No avail.
I also proceeded and Re-Deleted All the rules from all the Cameras and tried to only add One VMD rule on one camera and set up the One other camera with the Video Analytic Rule and the Analytic Rule seems to work and detect Objects/Persons/Animals, but the Video Motion Detection is still not Working and No Clips from it is being Captured… (Screenshots attached).

What model of router are you using? Is it just the one access point for your cameras or do you have multiple?

Does Live view work for all cameras right now?

Also, it looks like all the cameras should support analytics. Generally speaking, I would recommend always using analytics over VDM if that option is available with your account and camera model.

Analytics will do a much better job of filtering what you want to record and limiting nuisance recordings.

If there is a camera that you wish to use VMD for instead, let’s try deleting that camera itself from the Settings > Video Device Info page, wait a few minutes, then re-add it to your account.

Hello,
I tried as you suggested to set up VMD, on just one camera after removing the camera from the account, waiting a few minutes and re-adding the camera. No Clips were recorded from the camera the whole day.
I then switched to Video Analytics on all cameras, and each time there would be a movement, the program would detect those objects and send me a notification about them.
The only issue I have with Analytic is that there is No Video Clips Recorded…
So when I get a notification about a “Person” rather than seeing the person on the Notification Clip History, I would have to log into the Server and then rewind until the notification time to review the “person” analytic detected.
Not to also mention that I recently switched to a Billing plan that offers 8000 clips…
It’s a waste if only the DoorBell records and I’ll never get to that number in a month…
I removed all the cameras and servers from the account and re-added them to the same results.
Live view works fine.
And i am using the same Wireless Routers I used in the past when they worked. (Apple AirPort Extreme; there are three of them around the house for a mesh-like network). The only change that occurred was the ISP that was changed and the Modem, but the Wifi routers to which the cameras have always been connected are the same.
Attached are some screenshots of various messages/configurations, in case there is something missing somewhere.

[Removed by Admin]

I then switched to Video Analytics on all cameras, and each time there would be a movement, the program would detect those objects and send me a notification about them.
The only issue I have with Analytic is that there is No Video Clips Recorded…

Right, that’s not normal. If your analytics schedule is triggered, a saved clip would be generated. If you are getting notifications that detection was triggered, something is blocking the clip upload.

The only change that occurred was the ISP that was changed and the Modem

Did this problem start to occur when that change was made? You mentioned reconfiguring wifi. Was the ISP change at that time?

Hello
And sorry for the tardy response, i was out of country for a while. But, no nothing else, but the ISP change. I switched from
cable internet (Cox communication) to Wireless 5G internet with the T-Mobile 5G device that allows for 5G connection. I kept the SSID for the wifi the same (for the sake of the devices/users at the house) but obviously, IP addresses changed.
The clips failed to load shortly after switching ISP (the only main change was just the modem; as I am still using the same Apple AirPort Extremes as routers, even though this 5G modem also has a router, I use that network for the guess network and the Apple AirPort extreme’s network is what has always been used on the security cameras).

It wasn’t an issue because I had the server on the account, but this weekend, I disconnected it and removed it from the account hoping it will kick the Cloud Uploads again. So I removed two cameras from the account, turned them off and on again and I set up VMD on those two cameras and Analytics on the other three. All the Analytics are sending notifications but none of the VMDs cameras are notifying. I can view live feeds from all cameras and when I plug it the server it also records everything…
Any additional suggestions to get the cloud clips to uploads ?

Aha, that rings an alarm bell here. Cellular internet providers are not supported due to ISP bandwidth and data limitations.

Local SVR recording doesn’t impact those data restrictions. That is across your LAN.

Bummer,
That sucks…
(should have done more homework before getting the ISP switched out…)
I’ll have to see what else I can do then…
I doubt there is anyway to bypass this limitation…?
Even though the Signal is not going through the 5G tower’s network directly but rather through the Secondary network (SSID) I created using the Apple AirPort Extreme device?

What is the Rules that is allowing the DoorBell to report VMD recordings though?
Isn’t it going through the same ISP?

Your ISP, the connection of your home modem to the internet, is the limitation. It does not matter what router you use.

Cellular internet providers impose bandwidth limits and overall data caps. ADC video service is not compatible. Some aspects may function, but many will not.

So in other word the SkyBell DoorBell is not affected,
but all the other cameras are the ones the most affected by this issue correct?

Thank You for the update, I will see if I can Revert to the old ISP to resolve the issue.

Thank You.

Good Morning,
You were completely Right,
I switched Back to the COX ISP last night and Video Clips Are WORKING Again…

(I am going to set up Video Analytics for all the Cameras, Since they also Upload Clips on top of detecting those Objects…)

Thank You Very Much…
:clinking_glasses: :star_struck: :confetti_ball: :tada: :balloon:

Happy to hear it’s been sorted. Let us know if you have any other questions!