Clean mode = visit from the fire department

My GC3 panel was looking a little dirty with fingerprints, so I put it in “clean mode” and thought I’d shine it up. Not sure why or how, but as I was wiping it down, it triggered a Fire Panic - maybe I hit the physical button on the side? And since my panel was in clean mode, the keypad wouldn’t respond, so I couldn’t cancel the panic. Tried the alarm.com app - couldn’t find any way to cancel it. Ended up logging into my alarm.com account from my computer and was able to cancel it from there. The touchscreen never did come back to life… seems like the panic event caused it to get stuck in clean mode. Once I assured the fire fighters that showed up that there was no emergency, I logged into my Surety account and was able to remote reboot the panel. Seems to be working fine now.

Sooo… other than never using clean mode again, is there a way to avoid this situation?

Interesting, that sounds like a bug on the GC3 as clean mode should disable screen input. Pressing the emergency button on the side would bring up the emergency page and you press and hold a button to send a panic. We’ll forward this to 2GIG.

You can avoid the Fire Dept. portion of that by placing your monitoring account on test mode prior to cleaning.

You can place your monitoring account on test mode at any time through the Surety System Manager on the Test My System page.

I had the same incident with my GC3. Thought I had the cleaning mode on and triggered panic medical. I cancelled the alarm, spoke to the central monitoring team member who confirmed no one was dispatched and my county EMS called me to check if I was having a medical emergency.

Thanks for confirming another case. I’m sending this to 2GIG as another potential GC3 bug.

Do you recall which firmware you were using at the time? Have you updated since?

Hi Jason, its version 3.2.5. Not sure if this was the same firmware when this incident occured.

I’m on 3.2.5 as well, and was when the issue occurred for me.

Great, thank you both for confirming!