Chime not working when zone is in another smart area

I have a gate to the back yard that I’d like to have a zone on to notify me if someone comes back there at night but do not necessarily want to arm it all the time due to the yard folks and things like that. The smart area allowed me to do this but now the panel doesn’t chime when that zone is triggered. Is this a bug?

This is a related thread.

The sensor will only show as activated and chime on a secondary panel assigned to Smart Area 2. 2GIG seems to make the assumption that if you have more than one partition, you have more than one keypad.

Another option would be to set that sensor as a No-Response type zone, (Sensor type 23) on Smart Area 1, which will never generate an alarm, but will chime and can be activity monitored in Alarm.com via notifications.

I tried the No-response type zone and it does not generate the chime but does get monitored by alarm.com.

For chime it would need to be set to Smart Area 1, and you would need to enable chimes for that zone in programming, but it should chime if that is set correctly.

Right. I had that sent originally but it didn’t chime. Alarmgrid’s description of the No Response Type is “No alarms, chimes or spoken voice annunciations will occur when the sensor is activated. No faults will be displayed on the panel. The sensor will still be able to report to the central station.”

Can you confirm?

Sensor type 23, no response type, will chime when set to do so. Tested on 3.2.5 on GC3 and GC3e, but I don’t recall that ever not being the case.

Tried it again and it worked. Thanks Jason, exactly what I needed.