Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Hub and ADC

I previously registered the my MyQ Smart Garage Hub with Chamberlain’s app. But now that I know I can use alarm.com, which would allow me to tie actions to the garage door, as well as have 1 less app, I’d like to do that. What’s the process for deregistering it from Chamberlain and instead registering it for use with alarm.com?

The exact model I have is MYQ-G0301-D

The device would be removed from your MyQ Account Page. For more information, see this page here.

Once the Gateway has been disassociated from the Chamberlain app, login to your Alarm.com web page, navigate to settings -> Devices -> LiftMaster Installation to get started.

When utilizing service through suretyDIY, the Gold Interactive plan would be required in order to utilize the MyQ Gateway.

I tried to do this 2 weeks ago and it didn’t work. I read another post on this forum that due to some security issues ALarm.com is currently not allowing the addition of the MyQ. Let me know if you are able to so that I can also add mine.

Rprabhakar - I was able to add my first garage door without issue, and open/close from the app. Something went wrong while adding the 2nd door, and then I lost the option to add a non-MyQ garage door opener, and only saw an option to add a 1) MyQ Wall Control or 2) MyQ Enabled Garage Door Opener.

So it seems to be working…sort of. I think it’s fine, if you’re able to get everything to go perfectly during the first attempt. If not, you need to email suretydiy to get your gateway removed so you can start over from scratch. Beyond dumb that alarm.com lets you add it yourself, but not remove it to reattempt. And that their interface doesn’t allow you to try to add a non-MyQ opener again if your first attempt at the 2nd door fails.

Hoping my gateway is removed quickly so I can reattempt while the steps are fresh in my mind so it hopefully works this time.

Hoping my gateway is removed quickly so I can reattempt while the steps are fresh in my mind so it hopefully works this time.

If you need to have a device removed remotely, for account verification please be sure to send the request through our secure message tool here. (The forum also works, but if there is no troubleshooting question associated it would be better to send the secure message)

I’ve sent a command to remove the MyQ devices. You can re-install now. Let us know if you see further trouble.

You are correct, MyQ devices cannot be currently removed by the end user in Alarm.com. We’ve requested this feature, and I think we may be looking into other options as well to give control. I have no ETA though unfortunately.

I read another post on this forum that due to some security issues ALarm.com is currently not allowing the addition of the MyQ.

The underlying reason for this restriction has been resolved, and the ability to register LiftMaster Universal gateways (821LM) has been restored.

Thanks Jason, I was able to get it working this time. I think I clicked continue in one of the steps initially too early and that’s what screwed it up.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to setup a 2nd alarm.com user account so that my wife can also access the alarm.com app on her phone? Or do we both need to login under the only username I currently have setup on alarm.com? This was one of the downsides of the Chamberlain app…I’m hoping alarm.com offers a 2nd user so you don’t have to share passwords across users for more than 1 person to have the app.

I found my answer. Wow, Alarm.com is a hugely improved version of the Chamberlain site. So glad I’m able to integrate my garage door and add additional users so they can setup their own accounts.

I found my answer. Wow, Alarm.com is a hugely improved version of the Chamberlain site. So glad I’m able to integrate my garage door and add additional users so they can setup their own accounts.

Glad this was resolved for you!

For others looking for info on this you can add additional logins to your account by following the steps in this video.

Thanks everyone. Another question, my car opens the garage as soon as we reach near our driveway. If we have our system armed away, what will happen if the garage door is opened before disarming?

How’d you set that up (the auto open based on geo location)?

I don’t think it will do anything to your system. As far as I can tell, the Garage door is integrated with the alarm.com app, but not the panel itself. So it won’t trigger anything relating to the panel.

At least that’s how my IQ Panel 2 appears to work. I haven’t found a way to incorporate the status of the garage door (open/closing) in the arming/disarming.

Another question, my car opens the garage as soon as we reach near our driveway. If we have our system armed away, what will happen if the garage door is opened before disarming?

If you have unrelated hardware which opens the garage overhead door, this would trip any sensor on that overhead door. Are you referring to the overhead or a man door?

If you do not have an alarm sensor on the overhead, it would not affect the alarm. The MyQ Devices do not communicate with the alarm panel.

How’d you set that up (the auto open based on geo location)?

That is not an option. This would be an unrelated feature between the vehicle and overhead door.

I don’t think it will do anything to your system. As far as I can tell, the Garage door is integrated with the alarm.com app, but not the panel itself. So it won’t trigger anything relating to the panel.

At least that’s how my IQ Panel 2 appears to work. I haven’t found a way to incorporate the status of the garage door (open/closing) in the arming/disarming.

Correct, MyQ devices do not communicate directly with alarm panels. They are integrated in the back-end with ADC. They cannot trigger an alarm locally.

Hi. On my alarm.com account I have a MyQ garage door opener together with other devices like a thermostat etc. I bought an additional MyQ g0301 device to control my second garage door. I am unable to connect this to my alarm.com account. I have tried to add it both using my 2 gig panel by discovering devices and by logging into alarm.com and adding liftmaster. One of the challenges is that the system wants me to push the learn button and I cannot figur out where that is on the device

A couple things to help clarify usage:

1. The MyQ-G0301 is a universal overhead wifi hub. One MyQ-G0301 will control two doors (as long as you have two of the door sensors). What MyQ device do you have on the first door? Is it another MyQ-G0301?

2. MyQ devices do not communicate with the alarm panel directly. You cannot learn it in through the panel. The MyQ-G0301 must be added via its serial number. Only one hub can be added by an end user through the Alarm.com user website, however your dealer will be able to link additional serial numbers to your account.

Is this regarding an Alarm.com account purchased through Surety? If so we would be able to assist with adding a serial number. If you use a different service provider for your alarm service, you will need to contact your current provider in order to add a new MyQ-G0301.

Hi. I had my alarm.com provider add the serial number to my system. Now I am trying to configure it on alarm.com and it finds the door sensor. However when I try to hit the learn button in the garage door to get to the next step the system gets an error

However when I try to hit the learn button in the garage door to get to the next step the system gets an error

In order to best assist, we would need to know the content of the error message you are seeing. If in Alarm.com, please let us know the error text here.