Chamberlain hub

One of the components of my system is a Chamberlain myQ hub for monitoring / controlling my garage door. The system works well on the monitoring part but intermittently (and lately, not at all) on the control part.
I’m other words, I can accurately see the status of the door (and history) but if I send a command to open or close it, that doesn’t work. At one point, I think close would work but not open. Need to double check that, though.
Any thoughts?

Trevor

Do the commands always fail when sending them through the ADC mobile app?

• What about the ADC Website?
  • What about commands from the alarm panel?

Have any changes been made to your local network (different router, SSID, etc)?

If not, open and close the garage door via the wall button. Do this two time in a row and check ADC to ensure the garage door status is correct. After actuating the button two times, back to back, try remote commands again. Any change?

I just checked ADC website and alarm panel. Neither Open nor Close commands work. However, all three do accurately reflect status (though sometimes need a refresh).
Local network - hard to say - this issue has been going on for a while, and I’m not certain when it first started occurring. The garage is quite a distance from the primary router, but that router does not broadcast WiFi - I use a Main and Satellite Orbi to broadcast WiFi with main wired to primary router. myQ Hub in garage is likely connected to Satellite Orbit.

Trying the open/close twice test in a min.

Okay, a few interesting things to note. Prior to starting the double open/close test I noticed that my ADC mobile app said “Device is temporarily disabled (Big Garage Door)” with a longer note about multiple failed remote control attempts.
Then I closed/opened the door twice manually with the wall button.
Then I commanded the door to close with ADC mobile and I immediately heard the audible alert from the opener (which typically precedes a closing event), however, the door never actually closed.
A second try (door still open) from the panel to close the door did not result in the audible alert. A third try from the ADC mobile app DID result in the audible alert - as well as a flashing light from the myQ hub - but the door still did not close.
This all leads me to believe that ADC is communicating with myQ hub, but the hub is not properly commanding the opener, don’t you think?
Any suggestions? I’m guessing that I’m heading towards a re-pairing process. Not that big of a deal, but a little bit of a pain.

Any suggestions? I’m guessing that I’m heading towards a re-pairing process. Not that big of a deal, but a little bit of a pain.

The commands are reaching it, but it is failing to engage the door. I think you are right and my suggestion at this point would be a factory reset and relearning.

Thanks @jwcsurety - would you mind pointing me towards a resource that tells me how to do that with ADC? I always seem to stumble upon the Chamberlain / myQ version using their app.

Follow the Chamberlain steps to factory reset. Let us know you are ready to delete your gateway by sending a private message and we can delete the gateway for you from ADC so you can relearn it.

Then you can follow Chamberlain steps to connect to Wifi, then make sure the gateway is deleted from the MyQ app and you can relearn it in ADC under Settings > Manage Devices.

Gateway reset. PM sent.

Gateway re-connected to network and everything appears to be working again. Thanks.