Central station automated call

Today I intentionally unplugged my translators and plugged them back in 2 minutes later. I received an automated call from the central monitoring station 1 hour later notifying me of the “power failure”

Is this automated notification a new feature? I have never received such calls in the past either during actual power outages or after intentional unplugging

Why did the call come an hour later, and why did it come even though the power had been quickly restored?

To expand on the question— can someone provide a list of all monitoring center actions? Eg low battery results in an automated call, tampers do not (but is this an option), etc

I received another automated call about a power loss this morning, 11.5 hours after unplugging my translators last night and plugging back in after 1 minute

Today I intentionally unplugged my translators and plugged them back in 2 minutes later. I received an automated call from the central monitoring station 1 hour later notifying me of the “power failure”

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There is an automated feature available through the monitoring station that generates a robocall to inform the end user about low battery and power loss signals.

Is this automated notification a new feature? I have never received such calls in the past either during actual power outages or after intentional unplugging

This feature appears to have been enabled by mistake recently on some accounts at the monitoring station level. This has since been deactivated, we do apologize for this inconvenience.

Why did the call come an hour later, and why did it come even though the power had been quickly restored?

This feature through the monitoring station sends out an automated call following a low battery or power loss. I believe the software waits 60 minutes from the time the first low battery/power loss event comes through before starting the call process although the process should stop if a restoral signal is received in that time period. Since this feature was enabled unintentionally, it was likely not set up to acknowledge the restorals.

It looks like this feature will call all listed ECV contacts and the listed premise number until the automated response is acknowledged. The automated calls should only have been generated during the hours of 8AM to 8PM.

To expand on the question— can someone provide a list of all monitoring center actions? Eg low battery results in an automated call, tampers do not (but is this an option), etc.

While it is possible to have the automated calls set up for tampers, low battery, and power loss through the monitoring station, this is not something that is currently enabled on accounts. at this time.

Monitoring procedures can be found here.