Cellular radio test timed out

Today I ran a cell radio test after my system seemed sluggish… I got this message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

"

I am not with Surety, unfortunately, but using another provider for now. I am too having problems with arming/disarming via the alarm.com app or website (skin within provider). I called and am being told that alarm.com has a nationwide outage as of about 3 hours ago from time on this post. I can confirm my 2GIG system (VZW wireless interface) is not working. I can control panel locally only.

There has been operational problem since 5:00 pm EDT that is causing signaling issues for some customers. I apologize but Alarm.com is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

same here. I connected the panel to wifi. Now it is, while still sluggish, works with “alarm.com” (sometimes need two/three tries to perform an action).

I have 3 questions:

1. How do I check a cellular signal on 2gig gc3?

2. Does the fact that I connected it to wifi will now prevent the panel to connect to cellular (verizon) once it is fixed?

3. Is there a way to proactively get outage notifications from “alarm.com”? Otherwise it is very unclear whether the problem is with… an app, a phone, a panel, verizon, etc…

Thanks for the explanation.

Like another post mentioned, The issue resolved itself around 830 EST 7/24/19.

How do I check a cellular signal on 2gig gc3?

You can test cellular connection by running a cell phone test from your panel. Check the link for a video showing this process.

Does the fact that I connected it to wifi will now prevent the panel to connect to cellular (verizon) once it is fixed?

No, broadband communication is used as concurrent backup. The panel will communicate out to ADC via both. Neither preclude the other.

Is there a way to proactively get outage notifications from “alarm.com”? Otherwise it is very unclear whether the problem is with.. an app, a phone, a panel, verizon, etc..

I don’t think there is a way for users to subscribe to operational reports. This is the first time in years that I recall a full outage period. Usually cell issues are pocketed and due to individual carrier towers/service areas.

We’ll check with ADC if this might be an option in the future.

@jason-carnahan, thanks for the answers.

We’ll check with ADC if this might be an option in the future.

that’d be really useful.