Cellular Connection Issue

It appears as though after upgrading to 4.1.1 my cell connection has gone down and stayed down. I try to run a Cellular Test and get the error message “An unkown error occurred. Please try again later.” I have tried restarting the unit. It also fails the dual path test, and when I try to click the box to enable dual path, it turns the option off. WiFi is connected just fine and tests great.

Also - my Lennox Thermostats no longer show in the app. They never did appear on the panels either - not a big problem but not sure if that was an expected behavior.

Thanks!

4.1.1 is not the latest version. I would recommend trying to update to 4.2.1 before any other troubleshooting:

Lennox will not show on the panel.

I am not seeing any Lennox thermostat linked to your account. When is the last time you used the thermostat through the ADC app?

Thanks Jason. After a busy week I’ve got back to this. The software has been updated to 4.2.1 and the error remains as it was.

Regarding Lennox, I can explicitly recall using it from the ADC app as recently as September.

I am not seeing any reference to removal of Lennox in your account history, but I do see when it was added around when you started the account.

I would try relinking and let us know if you notice issues with integration:

Regarding the cellular issue: Can you try powering down the panel for 1 hour? Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down.

After 1 hour, boot back up. Any change?

Unfortunately no change. It’s very bizarre since it was working well before the update.

Out of curiosity how long is the power cable for your panel plug-in transformer? If it is using an extended cable, what gauge of wire?

It is sounding likely that a factory reset of the panel may need to be tried. Devices would need to be relearned.

This is under Settings > Advanced Settings > (use Dealer code, default 2222) > Installation > Dealer Settings > Master Reset

Hi Jason - the cable is roughly 6 feet - it’s worked well for 2 years as-is and this problem started as a direct result of updating the firmware.

Is there any chance to check the configuration on the ADC profile? I’ve now connected the system to two separate WiFi networks [different WANs], rebooted the panel, powered down for many hours and reconnected. Both the WiFi and Cellular checks show that they’re connected, but nothing involving ADC will go through - neither WiFi nor Cellular. ADC shows the panel hasn’t connected to the server since the original firmware update to 4.1 on November 6th, and I cannot remote arm/disarm the panel from the web.

Before I spend hours adding all of my sensors and remotes, I’d like to be sure there’s not something that the firmware update knocked out.

Thanks!

the cable is roughly 6 feet

Thank you, just wanted to be sure.

Is there any chance to check the configuration on the ADC profile?

We have looked at your account, but in general it doesn’t work this way. We cannot manually connect or disconnect cellular or change the registration of the communicator. The IMEI of your communicator is assigned to your account, the rest is handled automatically through ADC and the carrier. Back end issues with the cellular carrier can happen, but that would not affect broadband communication over wifi.

Your account is set for dual path communication, the panel is simply not able to send signals.

The issue is likely a software based one where the communication modules are unable to transmit. This will require a factory reset to troubleshoot at this point.