CDMA being phased out?

Hi I recently noticed my panel losing cell communication and not registering with the network.
After unplugging AC adapter and battery several times and performing cell test after waiting varying times it continues to fail.
I have the 2gig gc-2 panel with the 2gig-gcdmv-a module. Everything was working great up until Tuesday night I believe it was.
Well I need to look into getting the LTE module?

CDMA service as a whole will be maintained through 2022 per Alarm.com, however in some areas you may begin to notice signaling effects sooner, yes. If you do notice signaling failure that does not get resolved by troubleshooting, a 4G module will be required. 3G modules can no longer be activated through Alarm.com on accounts.

Note the 4G LTE module will require firmware 1.19 or higher on the GC2.

There are a couple additional steps to try to verify whether or not you can get that module reconnected. Please try the steps in the video below. Any luck?

Thank you for the link to the video. Did exactly that twice now, but same failed to register result; I’m guessing VZW is deprecating their CDMA in the area…

My GC2 panel is currently at 1.17, do you guys push to my panel or do I need to use the cable and d/l the firmware package?

Is this the 4G LTE module I’ll need?: 2GIG-LTEV1-A-GC2

OTA updates are available, but the panel would need to be reliably communicating to apply one, and a new LTE module would not be able to communicate until the firmware was applied, so in this case unfortunately an OTA is not a possibility. The firmware update cable can be found here.

Yes, the 2GIG-LTEV1-A-GC2 is the one you would want. You can find it here on our website.

Thanks much for the information.

I have the cable, and downloading the newest firmware now. I’ll order that new LTE module and hopefully be back in business.

Thanks!

Quick follow up…

So I ordered the VZW GSM module, and wouldn’t you know it after my troubleshooting steps, my current VZW CDMA module has now registered and is communicating properly. Anyone know of why this would occur over a few days then seemingly “fix itself”? I live in South East Michigan but never heard anything in regard to VZW doing CDMA maintenance,etc.

How would I go about getting the GC2 1.19 FW OTA pushed to my panel? I also have the TS1 if that matters?

Anyone know of why this would occur over a few days then seemingly “fix itself”? I live in South East Michigan but never heard anything in regard to VZW doing CDMA maintenance,etc.

This could be due to work in the area regarding cellular infrastructure.

How would I go about getting the GC2 1.19 FW OTA pushed to my panel? I also have the TS1 if that matters?

An OTA update can be pushed to upgrade firmware. Each OTA can take between 3-12 hours to complete and during this time panel programming should not be accessed as this can cause damage to the system.

The OTA would be sent over cellular and each OTA update would incur a $10.00 data charge.

Do you have a Go!Bridge? If you do and your panel is connected to broadband, the OTA is a bit faster and is also free.

If you would like to proceed with an OTA, please let us know. We would be happy to assist.

Note that the TS1 is already at the highest level for firmware. TS1 firmware 1.16 is the most recent FW and is compatible with all versions beyond 1.16 for the main panel.

Thanks for the quick response, Tyler!

I have the FW cable so I will perform the update myself so to not incur the charge. I do not have the Go!Bridge, so this is my only option. Hopefully I can return the VZW LTE module and continue on happily enough for the next few years on this CDMA module.

Thanks guys!