Casement windows – help with sensor position & install?

Hello, I have triple pane, passive house windows throughout my home. I’m looking to get all the windows monitored on the lower levels. I’m struggling to find a placement for the sensors that will work. I’ve purchased the PowerG ones as I prefer the range, battery life, and security of these.

Some photos are attached of the windows with sensors placed on top (not anchored or installed yet). Any idea for the right way to install these that’s ideally somewhat aesthetically pleasing?

Thanks ,
Scott

The orientation in your images will not work reliably, that magnet is too far away from the sensor.

Instead, in the same general spot there in the top corner, it looks like the sensor will need to be on the moveable window and the magnet just above it on the frame.

Thanks for the reply Jason. Are you suggesting this as attached?

I was, though I didn’t really grasp the depth of the frame compared to the moveable window there. I expected the magnet to sit flush with the back edge of the sensor but that is still too far in the photo.

How about if the magnet is on the perpendicular surface to the right? What kind of gap is there? It looks like that may also be a bit too far, but it is difficult to tell without the magnet there.

If that won’t work, you may need a spacer for the magnet to lift it closer to the sensor in one of the positions. Aesthetically it may look best if the spacer is under the magnet to the right of the window.

Got it thanks. So just to make sure: you’re suggesting a placement like this, where the magnet on the right side would be on a small piece of wood or similar to bring it forward (towards me) and onto the same plane as the sensor?

magnet on the right side would be on a small piece of wood or similar to bring it forward (towards me) and onto the same plane as the sensor?

That’s correct, bring the magnet to roughly the same plane as sensor.