Carbon monoxide detector Beeping Issue

I recently changed the batteries in my Carbon Monoxide Detector, but now it is beeping, how can I fix this?

Happy to assist!

Records indicate that the 2GIG Carbon Monoxide detector is reporting a tamper alert. This would mean that the unit’s internal tamper switch has been tripped.

To acknowledge a Tamper alert locally, from the home screen of the panel, press “Security” then the “Yellow Triangular alert Icon” . Then press “OK” to acknowledge the alert in question. While this will temporarily stop the panel from alerting the tamper, the tamper will not clear until the tamper condition is resolved at the sensor and the panel receives confirmation.

To resolve, you will need to remove the carbon monoxide detector from its base and re-align so the unit sits flush with the mounting base plate. This video here will show you the proper alignment.

that’s what i did, but still beeping…the unit detector says replace by 2018 May…is this why it’s not working properly…

Yes, the device will continue to throw malfunctions in that case. If the detector is beyond its End of Life date it should be replaced. The sensing capability weakens over time.

The 2GIG Carbon Monoxide Detector can be found here along with a programming video.

i have a meeting that i need to go to…the yellow triangle is still there on main unit but it does show that it was acknowledged…will main unit start beeping if i can’t resolve this problem?

i have a meeting that i need to go to…the yellow triangle is still there on main unit but it does show that it was acknowledged…will main unit start beeping if we leave co detector off for now till we get another?

please let me know if i will have a problem with the main unit

will main unit start beeping if we leave co detector off for now till we get another?

Acknowledging a trouble alert on the panel would be temporary, yes, in order to silence alerts.

For the sensor that is past its end of life date, you would want to remove or replace in programming in order to permanently resolve.

If you are unable to replace quickly, you can remove the sensor by following the steps in the video below:

I need help asap…it will not accept my code!!!

If you are attempting to enter installer programming to delete the sensor, you will need the installer code. Note that the code you use to arm/disarm will not work.

If you are uncertain of the installer code for the system we are happy to help! The installer code can be remotely reset to its default value for the panel (1561).

Would you like us to send that command now?

yes please

I need to disable the co detector

We’ve sent that command. Please allow 5 minutes for it to take effect. After you should be able to acces programming with the default 1561 code.

After addressing the sensor I would recommend changing the installer code to one of your choice by following this video.

thank you i will try that

is there anyway you can tell me if it is turned off

is there anyway you can tell me if it is turned off from your end

please answer…i need to go back to work and i can’t have my mother sitting here and it goes off again

It appears the CO detector was removed from the sensor list.

You can confirm this on the panel in settings or you can view the current sensor list of the panel by logging into the Alarm.com website and navigating to Settings > Devices. On the Devices tab there will be a list of sensors.

is there anyway you can tell me if the co detector is turned off on your end???

From the above post, the CO detector is no longer associated with the alarm panel, it has been removed successfully. If there are batteries still in the CO detector, it could still chirp/beep potentially, but it is no longer connected to the panel.