Can't add ADC-S2000-T

Hi. I just received the ADC-S2000-T temp sensor I ordered from you. I have the IQ2+ panel and the T3000 thermostat. When I try to add the sensor to the IQ2, it tells me it wants S2 unauthenticated and S2 authenticated, then wants the five digit DSK. There is no code on the body of the sensor, on its box, nor when I open the unit and remove the battery, there are no markings or codes. How can I add this sensor? Thank you.

Before troubleshooting further you’ll want to be sure you are on the latest firmware. Please update to 2.5.4 per the instructions here, then retry adding that Temp sensor. Any difference?

I upgraded the firmware and was able to deselect the ’ s2authenticated’ checkbox. I was then able to successfully add the sensor.
As an aside, if it comes up, my IQ Remote panel would never connect to my Netgear RAX120 or EAX80 routers/extenders on 5.2GHz even though it could ‘see’ the network. It would just toggle between connecting and failed over and over. I just restarted the remote and it downloaded a patch, and now it connects to the 5.2GHz networks immediately, first try. So the firmware update fixed that too.

Thank you for confirming! Glad to hear this resolved a couple issues for you.

Hi Jason. Thus far, the sensor has not reported an actual temperature. At least, not according to the panel, the ADC app, nor their web site. Is this normal?

The temp sensor is an NWI device, (Network Wide Inclusion) which means it needs to be learned in at its permanent location. It learns its routes through other nodes during inclusion and does not participate in network rediscoveries.

I would recommend relearning the sensor, and in case it was learned near the panel previously, make sure it is in its permanent spot first.

After learning it again, let me know.

Thank you.
I removed and re-added, this time disabling the s2 authenticated AND unauthenticated check boxes that appeared. After adding, the temperature showed up.

David