Can’t arm from app and scenes don’t work in app or panel

For some reason I can no longer arm from the iOS app. I was pretty sure I was able to do this a couple days ago but now if I try to arm from the app, it just says “arming” and spins forever until I give up and disarm. I can arm from the panel and it’s immediate.

Also, scenes are not working either from the iOS app or the panel (IQ 4). For example, I have the sleep scene set to arm stay, and it spins forever in the iOS app. When I try to set the sleep scene on the panel, it also just spins forever until I press the power button on the side of the panel and then it disarms.

Any advice for how to get out of this state? I had rebooted the panel earlier today — not sure if that started the problem or not?

I see you had a panel communication failure trouble condition, which would cause failure of any remote commands.

The first step to troubleshoot would be to reboot the panel (Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot Panel) If you believe that it hasn’t communicated since the previous boot up I would definitely reboot again.

It looks like this is no longer the case however, as I see a communication restored status and that trouble condition ended yesterday. Did you perform any specific steps to resolve the issue or did it resolve on its own?

Ohhh I did not realize those events were related! The panel communication notification didn’t come until hours after I had the arming issue so I thought it was separate. I did just just try the scene and arming and it works as expected now!

I was a bit confused by the panel comm problem though. My 7 day test mode ended on Saturday and I hadn’t finished setting up the sensors yet, so I manually put my account back into test mode via the website on Saturday. Hours later, I got the alert that the panel wasn’t communicating. Running the cellular test timed out.

Sunday I thought maybe it was related to test mode so I took the account out of test mode but still the panel was timing out. Then I rebooted and when the panel came up I got the notification that communication had been restored.

My question is if I go into test mode, is that supposed to disable the cell path? I thought that test mode meant everything works but no action is taken on the monitoring end?

My question is if I go into test mode, is that supposed to disable the cell path? I thought that test mode meant everything works but no action is taken on the monitoring end?

No, Test Mode with the monitoring station has no impact on the cellular connection with your panel. That would be coincidental.

Placing your account on test mode just means that the monitoring operators will not dispatch for alarms received while on test mode.

Thanks for confirming. I tried putting the account in test mode again and things do appear to be working as expected now. Odd coincidence of issues happening all at once but thank you for helping sort things out!