Camera Motion Rules

That is telling. I can see the schedule is paused and camera-triggered uploads are still occurring. I spoke with Alarm.com earlier regarding this issue, I will update them with this info and get back.

Alarm.com sent some commands to the camera to rebuild and save the schedule. At this time you should not receive additional motion recordings if the schedule is paused. (It looks like the paused recordings were due to the fact your camera firmware was updated this morning and the schedule reactivated)

Can you test the at home settings again?

Thanks and it did finally stop recording via motion with the rule off.

I was able to test again with all the three “at home settings” checked and it continued to notify my of motion recordings all evening while the system was disarmed and one of the devices was at home (it even indicates “At Home” on the rule so it knows I am home). I also deleted the rule and re-applied it to see if that fixed the issue, but it still didn’t work.

I tested by selecting times in the “only during certain times” section. I selected Sunday all day and it appears to have worked as I didn’t get any motion records.

For some reason all the “At Home Settings” seem to not be working for whatever reason.

I’m resetting and re-adding one of our cams to see if I can replicate this.

Just to verify, your recording schedules show the “At Home” status underneath the On/Off slider when your system is disarmed, correct?

Can you try just selecting the “Disarmed” at home option and save? With only that one selected, wait 10 minutes, then test. Do you still get recordings while disarmed?

In my own testing, I can replicate the issue with a newly added V520ir when selecting both “Disarmed” and “Stay.” However, it looks like just selecting one or the other will in fact halt recordings in that state.

Can you test that?

I was finally able to test…

In my testing selecting any combination of the at home settings results in motion detection recordings regardless of all three, two, or just one.

I will note, that I didn’t see the “wait 10 minutes” comment you posted. Would this be necessary since turning on/off the motion rule seems to take effect immediately?

Allowing a short period of time is a good idea, to ensure all rule commands have taken effect. With IP it should be fairly immediate, but allowing a little time is a better test.

Can you still confirm none of the rules work?

Confirmed…

In addition out of the blue today it started recording via motion again while the rule is off. It has, recently, stopped when I turn off the rule, but all of a sudden it began recording again this evening.

Phil

Toggling the rule on/off stopped the recording again.

ADC is looking into this further. I should know more today.

Any update on this Jason?

Still working with Alarm.com on this. They are doing some testing. I don’t think it is a sweeping problem (not affecting all accounts) and it seems the few that have issues are presenting different results from the at home settings, so it is harder to pin down.

Jason - Curious if you have heard anything? Is there anything else I can do to help fix this issue?

Haven’t gotten an update yet but I will look into it and post.