CA Alarm License Number for Monitoring America

Hello , I was wondering if you were aware that Monitoring America Alarm CO OP is not licensed to do business in California? I cannot locate their license number??? Other wholesale monitoring companies out of state , for ex. COPS, Security Partners, etc have a license, This is not good , also I checked the Oklahoma license number 386 , apparently they are no longer licensed in Oklahoma, is this true? Hopefully not, yelp says they are permanently closed business please inform

Thank You

We appreciate the concerns being brought up, and we want to assure you that we take these concerns very seriously. For any clients of suretyDIY affected by local licensing compliance concerns regarding alarm monitoring and our primary monitoring provider, our customer service team will be notifying you via email regarding monitoring center changes which address this issue. As licensing requirements vary between municipalities and service plans, our customer service department handles all local licensing issues, and these changes will not affect all users.

also I checked the Oklahoma license number 386 , apparently they are no longer licensed in Oklahoma, is this true? Hopefully not, yelp says they are permanently closed business please inform

This is not accurate. However, the changes described above will address all concerns.

For any clients of suretyDIY affected by local licensing compliance concerns regarding alarm monitoring and our primary monitoring provider, our customer service team will be notifying you via email regarding monitoring center changes which address this issue.

I find this statement (most likely from the owner of Surety) a bit misleading.

As a customer, I expect the company I am purchasing from, to have all required licenses in order. This isn’t a “affects a handful of people within one county” issue as you insinuate but rather a much larger, systemic STATE by STATE issue.

Take Virginia (the state) for example. According to them, Surety, and the monitoring company you own (Monitoring America) are illegally operating without a proper license. I’m quite sure this statement is true elsewhere since no additional license information has been forthcoming over the last few days.

Tom

Hi Thomas,

I’m the owner. That was posted by our tech support staff, not me. When our central station doesn’t meet the licensing requirements for a locality we contract monitoring to a larger central station that does. Licensing varies by state, county and city. Please address your licensing concerns with customer service (customerservice@suretydiy.com). This forum is for technical support.

Best Regards,
Ryan