C/S not responding

I just received an email that my panel has not communicate with central station. So I went to it and check. I’m connected to the WIFI and cellular (verizon) showing 5/5 bars

Run the test on WIFI and it times out because central station dose not respond.
Run the test on cellular and got same results.

Also found that my panel screen goes black and i have to touch it to wake it up. That usually doesn’t happen until after midnight.

I already reboot the panel and same test results after is back on.

Also have an message in my alarm.com app that “radio is not responding” no communication through the app as well.

This just happen all the sudden today evening. Both WIFI and Cellular not communication that sound like back end problem.

Do you have a Qolsys IQ 2+?

Yes

Try powering down the panel and disconnecting the battery and AC power for five minutes. Then reconnect the battery and AC power. Power up the panel using the side button. Wait ten minutes and then retry the cellular test and Dual-Path Wi-Fi test.

I turn off the panel over night as it was beeping all night. I just turn it back on. Since I had it off all night do you still want me to do that? Panel is still beeping line one of the fire sensors have low batt

Yes. It will force the cellular unit to reconnect to best antenna.

Also, while the panel is powered down, power down your modem and Wi-Fi router (if separate) for one minute. Then power up the modem followed by the Wi-Fi router.

Looks like I’m back on. Both WiFi and cellular pass now. I did have to go and trigger every sensor in the house to get it back on line. Beeping for fire is gone as well. I never head anything like that happen. I mean never had all 345 sensors going down and not communications. What does it show on your end. Is there adc problem that happen last night, or your guys failure with communicating? I did do same steps last night and non of the functions came back on. It almost looks like for some reason my account was deactivated. Can you check your logs from yesterday evening

I don’t work for Surety. Hopefully Jason or Tyler can answer your additional questions Monday through Friday. Glad your panel is communicating. It’s usually a problem with the panel or your network setup, not ADC.

Ok, let’s see if they can shine some light on it. I know it’s not WiFi since everything is working and it’s weird that everything is back on after overnight. Sound like backend

Just to clarify here, when you run a test and see “cs not responding” that is a message indicating that the panel is not communicating with Alarm.com.

Alarm.com receives all direct communication from the system.

Without being able to actually ping during the event I am mostly left to making assumptions, but I can confirm you had a cell outage reported in Alarm.com on 5/8 around 7:43 pm. It resolved around 7:00 am the next morning when you plugged it back in.

The only troubles I see for sensors were tampers on some water and smoke detectors after the reboot. If you also had an issue with sensor transmission, check the thin white sensor antenna and make sure it is not pinched and that it is run out the back of the panel.

Another thing I always ask when strange issues with multiple radios like that are reported, how long is your power cable and what gauge cable are you using for the panel?

Jason,

Yes sensor were tampered with to triggers communication with the panel to restore functionality . You probably see all windows and doors opened and close for same reason.

That explain communication on the cellular side, outage it is but it also failed while running wifi c/s test or dual path. My internet was ruining and any other device was communicating. Not sure why that was failing as well.

I seen cellular modem going to 0 bars when looking at it but WIFi should of take over and work. It was weird.

It has been working since I booted back up but it was still weird. And i will like to know why wifi faild since you already told me that cellular was out.

I don’t mean that there was a widespread outage, I mean that your account reported cellular failure at that time. This could be a variety of causes, but if you also had broadband issues that sounds like the panel is probably the cause.

If multiple radios are involved (with wifi failing too) I always suggest checking power first. Underpowering due to too long of a cable/small of a gauge for wire is a common potential cause of multiple radios malfunctioning.

Is the panel near a lot of metal or frequently moved around the home?

Panel was never moved, has been in same spot for long time. And power cable was always the same length. About 8 feet. I also use solid copper wire. Nothing was changed since panel was installed.

This just happen out of blue

That may have been a software hiccup then if rebooting resolved it. Let us know if you notice that again. A back-end failure is possible, though unlikely, I haven’t seen any other reports around the same time frame.