Brand new RE206 not working

Don’t you have a Qolsys panel? I was under the impression that used the RE106, not the RE206. Even if you do have the RE206, it’s good that you actually have one that functions properly. Apparently a high percentage of RE206 users are not so lucky.

You’re right, it is an RE-106 but the guts are the same save the radio transmitter I’d imagine. I do note though that my door seems to be well reinforced with a metal frame down the sides and that’s what the sensor is mounted to, and not the actual door panel which is not that sturdy overall. in addition the door fits very tightly and doesn’t move in the considerable winds we have here.

In any case, it does sound as if the OP has a defective unit. Surety is awesome about returns and warranty issues in my experience so he’ll be fine.

Got my new sensor and it programed as expected.

However I have to say that I a a little irritated at SuretyCAM. Not only did I have to pay for return shipping on the defective item, when the sensor arrived they didn’t pay enough postage so now I owe the postoffice!

I must say this is a very bad start, I had read so many good reviews but now I am wondering if SuretyCAM was the correct choice :frustrated:

Surety is pretty much the best all around deal for DIY’ers, and believe me when I tell you they are the most knowledgeable when it comes to troubleshooting and tech support. The quality of service is pretty much bar none.

The RMA return shipping is pretty standard. Some cover the shipping, some don’t. The postage due issue is strange though.

Good luck.

We make no secret of our return policy, which we feel is fair.

You should not have had to pay any of the return postage, however. On very rare occasions, we have had problems with USPS specifically attempting to obtain additional postage from the client (which they never should do). Please email customerservice@suretyDIY.com with details and they will be happy to ensure the matter is taken care of. Its just us techs on here. :slight_smile: