Best way to deal with realtors?

I have just listed my home for sale. I have showings often and so far I have had notice to disarm the alarm and get out of the house. I am often out of town and though I can arm and disarm from my phone, I am concerned about an accidental activation of the alarm.

What is the best way to deal with this? Should I make the alarm center aware?

What is the best way to deal with this? Should I make the alarm center aware?

Note that just informing operators of the situation will not change anything. Operators cannot treat any alarm differently unless expressly instructed.

If you have a specific desired change to the default operator procedures, such as calling additional contacts prior to dispatch, etc., that may help.

If you trust the realtor to use it you can even add them as a phone contact with a unique passcode that does not have admin control to make changes, just used to confirm identity. They can then verify false alarms. If you use two way voice it may be good to set the realtor up with a unique passcode as well.

If you need to make a change to your operator procedures, please send the request in a secure message here.

I would recommend considering creating a temporary or timed code for your realtor so that they can disarm the panel upon entry in case you are unavailable.

See this video for steps to create a temporary code.

Another option if coordinating with the realtor is problematic: as suretyDIY is month to month and 24/7 operator monitoring is optional, you could remove monitoring and self-monitor with ADC notifications. This would allow you to determine when and if dispatch is needed.