Best Thermostat to use with alarm.com

I am looking to get a thermostat that works with alarm.com. Curious adout nest learning thermostat and ecobee4. Are you able to use the remote temp sensei’s for these with alarm.com?

What features would I not have using one of these vs an alarm.com thermostat?

If I were you I would use the Alarm.com T3000. Super simple to set up schedules and guaranteed to fully function on the platform as it is directly connected to the panel by ZWAVE whereas the nest and ecobee are thrid party integrations over the internet.

Integration steps, features and what plans would be required to use either Nest or Ecobee through Alarm.com can be found in the below guides.

Alarm.com Remote Temp Sensors cannot be used with those 3rd party TSTATS

Alarm.coms offerings (T2000, T3000, etc) typically are the most feature rich when it comes to Alarm.com compatibility.

The T3000 is no longer available for purchase however. A new Alarm.com tstat is in the works but we are waiting on more information at this time.

The T3000 has some compatibility issues with certain HVAC systems and was discontinued for that reason.

The new alarm.com thermostat is actually already available for purchase and in stock at some resellers. Just google “adc-t40k-hd” and you’ll find it. I have one in a box sitting in my home that I’m going to install next month.

The T2000 is cheaper though and has the same functionality re: programming, etc, through the alarm.com app.