Automation lacking?

Hello everyone, I have been using Alarm.com for about 3 years now and have noticed that there seems to be very little that I can do in terms of automation from alarm.com
For example, my parents use Vivint and si ole things like if it is 11pm and the from door is unlocked, lock it. Or if the door has been unlocked for 5 mins, lock the door.
These are things that I can not figure out how to do. I’ve tried looking at IFTTT but I can’t seem to figure it out.
I currently have multiple Amazon Eccos and use the voice commands but that won’t help me with a basic locking schedule or routine.
Has anyone had luck with something like this?
I’m open to anything. A smart things hub maybe? Idk much about how that system works
Thank you everyone!

Happy to help! It looks like this is regarding a non-suretyDIY account, so I couldn’t say exactly what is supported, but if you have access to Alarm.com scenes, they are a good option to handle a lot of commands at one time. This can even be set as a home widget on your phone to activate from your home screen.

As far as automation goes, in this instance the automation you are referring to is not an option due to a purposeful limitation I believe.

In general anything that physically alters the environment based on a time schedule should be considered carefully. Opening/closing a garage door or extending a deadbolt can have damaging effects because home activity does not always follow an exact schedule.

In the case of deadbolts, automatic re-locking can sometimes even result in damage to the door, the frame, possibly the lock itself if the door is closed with the bolt already extended.

Some deadbolts have automatic re-lock options built into them which can be enabled to automatically lock the deadbolt after a period of time. I do not recommend using such a feature generally, but if desired it may be an option depending on your lock model. What model of lock are you using?

What model of alarm panel do you have?