Automatically arm when door sensor closes

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did a search and can’t find anything.

I have a GC3 with two partitions. One partition has a single Honeywell 5816 door sensor. I have a 2GIG-PAD1-345 outside this door that I use to arm/disarm every time I open and close the door. This door is always armed when it is closed.

My question is this: Is there a way to set up the system so the panel automatically arms this one sensor/partition every time I close the door?

In other words I would like to avoid needing to push the arm button every time I close the door.

I don’t think there is a good way to accomplish what you are describing automatically. Well, there is Quick Exit, but that would need a SP1 keypad, and wouldn’t require a code input. You are describing what would amount to a “Quick Entry” where you would need a code to temporarily have entry through a door.

Arming the system is intended to require a manual input from some source (panel, app, keyfob, lock, etc.). There is no way to arm the system automatically based on sensor status.

It is probably possible to rig it, but it would require considerable rigging. You could use Alarm.com rules and something like the Mimolite Z-wave switch soldered to the button contacts of a keyfob, but this is prone to failure.

Thanks Jason. I will just continue pushing the arm button when I close the door. It didn’t look to me like there was a way to program this feature but I wanted to double check.