Automatic Water Shut-off Valve

@rreynolds @jwcsurety @tyler Does anyone no the thread sizes on the ADC-SWV100 ?
Thanks in Advance

The Valve is 1" and the threads are Female NPT.

Additional information:

Control Unit Dimensions: 2.75 x 4.0 x 1.25” (6.99 x 10.2 x 3.18 cm)
Actuator and Valve Dimensions: 2.0 x 4.5 x 3.75” (5.08 x 11.43 x 9.53 cm)
Power Supply Cable Length: 19.7’ (6 m)

Any updates about the new device announced at CES? Thanks!

It’s launched but we haven’t started selling it yet. It’s probably on backorder from Alarm.com due to COVID-19 the resulting supply chain issues. What would you like to know? Are you looking to order one?

The Smart Water Valve provides peace of mind that your home is protected against water damage. Set up rules to automatically shut off your water when a water sensor detects a leak. Use the Alarm.com app to turn your water on or off remotely.

Features:

• Open / close water valve remotely
  • Automatically shut off the water when paired with a water sensor
  • Modular design
  • Z-Wave Plus communication
  • Z-Wave S2 security protocol

Included accessories:

• ADC-SWV100 Control Unit
  • Brass valve
  • Actuator
  • Mounting plate
  • Drywall anchors & screws (x2)
  • Cable ties (x3)
  • Power adapter
  • User guide

Specifications:

Power 100-240 VAC (50/60 Hz)
Operating Temperature 14°F to 185°F (-10°C to 85°C)
Communication Z-Wave Plus
Restrictions For indoor use only
Valve Size: 1"
Threads: Female NPT
Potability: Conforms to NSF/ANSI 61 and 372 standards for potability
Control Unit Dimensions 2.75 x 4.0 x 1.25” (6.99 x 10.2 x 3.18 cm)
Actuator and Valve Dimensions 2.0 x 4.5 x 3.75” (5.08 x 11.43 x 9.53 cm)
Power Supply Cable Length 19.7’ (6 m)

Thanks for the quick response! That one looks a bit different than the one announced a couple months ago here – are they the same? I’m interested in more information than there is on that blog post (including the price), and I might want to order one.

I should also note that I have an IQ Panel 2 Plus, but it’s not through Surety. Does Surety sell these smart water valves on their own, or would I need to switch Alarm.com providers?

The pic above is the actual valve itself. The pic in the announcement showed it with the cover on. This pic helps tie them together.

Here’s the user guide. Since we haven’t started selling them yet I don’t have a price but my best guess is $200-$250ish. When we do start selling them anyone can order, not just monitoring customers.

Actually, the post above is showing the valve + water meter. I’m also waiting for that. I heard it will be $600 to $800 range according to the media representative at alarm.com. Check this out.

http://mediapresskit.poweredbyalarm.com/

Some customers may wish to get the valve only.

I see, thank you both for the info! I’ll keep an eye out for when they become available.

Good info! I’m interested, as well, but suppose that I will wait for the valve/actuator + flow meter combo that I understand is expected to be released in Q2 2020.

any word on the availability of the valve + water meter?

Spoke with Alarm.com and the official word is “Soon.” I anticipate it’s been affected by some delays, but the rep I spoke to expected it in a matter of weeks.

1 Like

Turns out my dealer received (about 2 weeks ago) his water valve + meter and is currently installing it. Any pricing or distributors available for this? How about documentation?

I don’t have any pricing, but the data sheet is available below:

thanks, Jason! Just curious if you also had the installation/owners manual. It would be good for me to get pricing from a plumber to install it even though I don’t actually have the hardware, yet.

Edit: Found this video:

Yes, I uploaded the manual here for you:

Thanks very much appreciated!

Hi, wondering if there is an update on the availability of the SWM150. Thanks,

No we do not sell it yet so I do not have any pricing. Not seeing it available through Alarm.com yet for dealer purchase.

Finally got this installed, the smart metre and valve, ADC-SWM150. On the app usage is shown is gallons, anyway we can change it to liters? It’s interesting, on the web interface and my wife’s iPhone shows the amount in liters, but my my android is in gallons. All the same log in name.

Also, it does not seem to show historical water usage, the amount of water resets after a day. The analytics are not as detailed as I expected, like on the media documents, it could distinguish between shower, toilet and sink usage. Not seeing that, perhaps a learning period?

Can you link to the source you are referencing?

Without seeing what you are referencing I think what you are describing is notification options based on the likely problem when an unusual flow is detected. Certain volumes of water flow would indicate different potential problems.

I’m not aware of it actually breaking down metered usage by fixture.

Regarding the units, you might try editing and resaving the Volume units selection in your settings in Alarm.com to see if that has an effect. Change it to gallons, then change it back to liters.

If that doesn’t work I would reach out to your provider and have them contact ADC to resolve, I won’t be able to create a ticket for you since you aren’t a user of ours.