Automatic Water Shut-off Valve

I don’t have any pricing, but the data sheet is available below:

thanks, Jason! Just curious if you also had the installation/owners manual. It would be good for me to get pricing from a plumber to install it even though I don’t actually have the hardware, yet.

Edit: Found this video:

Yes, I uploaded the manual here for you:

Thanks very much appreciated!

Hi, wondering if there is an update on the availability of the SWM150. Thanks,

No we do not sell it yet so I do not have any pricing. Not seeing it available through Alarm.com yet for dealer purchase.

Finally got this installed, the smart metre and valve, ADC-SWM150. On the app usage is shown is gallons, anyway we can change it to liters? It’s interesting, on the web interface and my wife’s iPhone shows the amount in liters, but my my android is in gallons. All the same log in name.

Also, it does not seem to show historical water usage, the amount of water resets after a day. The analytics are not as detailed as I expected, like on the media documents, it could distinguish between shower, toilet and sink usage. Not seeing that, perhaps a learning period?

Can you link to the source you are referencing?

Without seeing what you are referencing I think what you are describing is notification options based on the likely problem when an unusual flow is detected. Certain volumes of water flow would indicate different potential problems.

I’m not aware of it actually breaking down metered usage by fixture.

Regarding the units, you might try editing and resaving the Volume units selection in your settings in Alarm.com to see if that has an effect. Change it to gallons, then change it back to liters.

If that doesn’t work I would reach out to your provider and have them contact ADC to resolve, I won’t be able to create a ticket for you since you aren’t a user of ours.

Thanks Jason. Here’s the link the shows history and usage by application. Marketing can always be a little bit deceiving I realize that but an activity history would be nice

With regards to the gallons vs litre, where do I actually find that in my settings?

Update: never mind, I found the L to Gallons and now it works after your suggestion, thanks!

If you are curious, I was doing some testing with the Smart Meter + Valve. It has 3 conditions that it reports to you; high, medium and low flow conditions. There are thresholds for each (time, amount etc.), for which you can let it shut the main house valve and/or give you a warning. Testing the high flow, was easy, just open a few showers flush toilets, no problem it works, get the messages. It was the low flow I was skeptical about, supposedly, it can detect down to 0.1 L/h! So I tried to simulate this condition by opening a faucet, ever- so-slightly, and see what happens (the criteria for a low is 2 hr of constant water flow down to 0.1 L/h…which I think can be adjusted on the dealer to suit your needs).

Here’s the actual experiment:

After exactly 2 hrs (and about 19 L of water) this happens:

And I get these alerts (via push, text and email)

After I turned off the running faucet, within 10 seconds, the audible alarm stopped and all operations went to normal. Then, after 5 minutes, I get another confirmation via the same notifications, that the issue has been resolved.

Impressed so far with how this thing works.

1 Like

That is impressive, nice to see the sensitivity confirmed.

Yes, it works very well.

Just a recommendation to those who want to install this make sure you have an expansion tank installed for your hot water heater (if you have a traditional hot water system with an open water system). The smart water valve has a backflow preventer, and therefore this makes your plumbing a closed system, preventing any excess pressure caused by hot water heating to escape into the city water supply (as in an open system). Without an expansion tank, and a closed water system, a traditional hot water heater will expand and dump the water/pressure through the pressure relief valve, which it’s not designed to do multiple times a day, and may lead to premature hot water tank failure.

An expansion tank is not necessary if you have an on demand or tankless hot water system.

Hey there. Definitely late to this. I would be fine adding my old dome shut off valve (dmwv1) to my new qolsys panel 2 + as a switch. I know it is unsupported but I am unable to get the app or panel to recognize the device at all. I cleared the dome by holding the button for 10 seconds so now it is flashing.

I then get to the include other zwave devices and hold the button for 3 seconds as instructed but no luck. Is there another way to include devices that I am missing?

Thanks for any help. I know I need to update sensors from my old Vivint system but if I can save a few bucks and labor on this one it would be great. The flood sensor worked which was a small win in my book.

Hi, when you say clear, to clarify, try pressing clear on the z-wave device screen on your IQ2 panel, then press the learn button on the Dome (this will clear the z-wave information on the Dome), then press include on the IQ2 panel and press the learn button again on the Dome. This should work (if you have Z-wave and automation supported on your plan).

As you said, it won’t show up on the panel but will show up as a light switch on the app and alarm.com. You can then make your automations to shut-off the water valve when any water detector detects water.

Thanks for the quick follow up. So when I press the learn button, only once or the there times fast that the manual says?

Ahhh, if I remember, it doesn’t have a learn button right? You have to put it in learn mode. Press the open/close button 3 times fast until the LED blinks.

Yep, follow the device manual: “when prompted by your controller, press the “open/close” button quickly 3 times in a row. The LED will stop blinking and stay on continuously upon successful inclusion.”

You are both super helpful. So I had a lock installed via zwave. I practiced removing it and installing it. Easy.

Tried with the shut-off and got no response trying to exclude or include. It is like it is not sending a signal or the panel cannot hear it (my non technical understanding of zwave)

Any way to test my theory other than getting a different hub?

That’s correct, 3 times. It’s kind of a PITA.

Again what a great forum for a newbie. Success! I went to dome site and they made a gif of someone pushing it really fast and said 3 pushes in less than a second. I guess I needed to see or read that.

So I spastically pushed as fast as I could and it caught!

Thanks again!