Antenna Placement

I just for a 2gig go control with verizon service. The antenna has a black piece of plastic on it. Can the antenna be tucked into the unit, or does it have to be placed in the wall. I would like to avoid sawing into the drywall if possible.

Depending on how recently the 2Gig panel was manufactured (if you purchased it used or new) it may have a pop-off panel on the back side beside the battery tray that is large enough for the current antennae. (older antennae were much smaller) The open channel can house the antenna if need be.

Ok thanks. Also have a question about the 2gig wondow/door sensor placement on a sliding door. Do the sensor and magnet have to line up exactly or can one be placed on trim that is elevated in relation to the sliding door?

That of course depends on the elevation, but typically yes. You will want no further than a 1/2" gap between magnet and sensor. Keep in mind you can always use an extra piece of thick double-sided tape as a spacer to better align the two.

Also have a question about the 2gig wondow/door sensor placement on a sliding door. Do the sensor and magnet have to line up exactly or can one be placed on trim that is elevated in relation to the sliding door?

Sliding glass door with a dw10. No issues. No falsing. Signal 5/5 green bars. (Gap is 1/2").

Programming: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/197-Installing-a-DW10-sensor-on-Sliding-Glass-door?p=602#post602

Exact same situation in my home, except my trim is too small for the sensor so Ill have to put the magnet on the trim and sensor on the door. Thanks for the response! Do you guys find the 2 sided tape to be strong enough, or are there problems with them falling off?

Tape is fine. Silicon was used in the images above for the sliding door. Also Lowes sells the two sided sticky tape and you just cut it to size. Its much stronger (and handy in the event you need to relocate sensors).

Is there a specific 2 sided tape you recommend?..I would hate for the magnet or sensor to fall off while I’m not home and trigger a false alarm.

Scotch two sided tape
http://www.lowes.com/pd_394734-98-110/DC_0__?productId=3715096&Ntt=scotch+two+sided+tape&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dscotch%2Btwo%2Bsided%2Btape&facetInfo=

unfortunately I have an older unit with the small antenna slot and am upgrading to the Verizon LTE antenna. Can I put the longer antenna in the main GC2 housing case without causing interference?

Yes, it should be ok. The module manual references doing this actually, but it also appears to show placing it in a spot where a piece of the panel plastic housing blocks it.