Alarm tripped - no notification for me

I accidentally tripped my alarm this morning at 7:01 AM

Others were notified, but I wasn’t.

No Text, sms, or email notification on my phone or ipad as it’s set up to do all of these for me if alarm is tripped

I was the one who disarmed. Is that why?

Also, dispatch called. I thought they don’t call anymore if someone disarms with a proper code if it gets tripped?

I can confirm that alarm notifications were generated and sent to 12 recipients in total, including recipients identified as your iPad Pro, iPhone, and the SMS number tied to our primary user name.

Your primary email is not set up as a recipient for alarm notifications. You can edit this under the Notifications page, then select the Alarm notification.

The person who disarms the panel has no bearing on notifications for alarms.

Dispatch will not call unless they are already in the process of handling the call. Looks like there may be some oddness with this one since the disarm appears to have occurred about 20 seconds after the alarm or so. Let me look into this and reach out to the monitoring team for more info.

Found the discrepancy. This is due to your account special instructions in place that were requested in 2017 for dispatch to occur first on all alarms, followed by phone contact on all alarms. Your special instructions override the standard process.

This doesn’t make sense. Arnt the notifications sent automatically with no human intervention? Then why did everyone else receive notifications via text? I am not referring to the call, I am referring to texts, emails and push notifications.

Since 2017 I have accidentally tripped my alarm, cleared it with dispatch but still got texts and emails and push notification.

Also, I thought that if someone disarms a tripped alarm? dispatch cancels everything?

It also took forever for someone to call on the phone. They used to come on over the speaker. Could you speak to this? (why it takes so long and why they call instead of coming on over the speaker)

From above, I can confirm that alarm notifications were generated and sent to 12 recipients in total, including recipients identified as push notifications to your iPad Pro, iPhone, and the SMS number tied to your primary user name. Those were all sent for that event.

Your primary email is not set up as a recipient for alarm notifications. You can edit this under the Notifications page, then select the Alarm notification.

If you believe you are having an issue receiving notifications on your devices, the first thing to try is to place the account on test mode in the System Manager here and then test by triggering an alarm.

Which devices do not receive alerts? Is it the same ones or do you receive them in the test?

Did you replace your phone with a new model?

Also, I thought that if someone disarms a tripped alarm? dispatch cancels everything?

That would occur in normal circumstances. You have special instructions on your account requesting that no contact be made prior to dispatch. This affects the standard process (this is also the cause of the delay, it looks like in this instance the operator reached out to their monitoring station management to confirm the correct process given your special instruction.)

So why did everyone else receive a text and push notifications?

I have changed ipads and iphones, but I receive other push notifications and texts (for example when my mailbox opens)

So why did everyone else receive a text and push notifications?

Because they were also sent. All of the notifications were sent in response to the event.

What I am saying is that notifications were generated and sent to all recipients you have listed for the alarm notification. To the recipients you say received the notification and the ones who did not.

If you did not receive them on specific devices, the issue needs to be investigated at the device level. The problem would have occurred between ADC sending it, and the devices that should receive it. That includes your carrier and the device itself. Calls and texts can drop, if your devices were in the same location and rely on the same carrier, it may have been a carrier interruption.

The best way to troubleshoot is to try to recreate.

Place the account on test mode in the System Manager here and then test by triggering an alarm.

After trying an alarm, do any devices again fail to receive a notification? If so, which ones?

Just to be 100% sure, I see the last two notifications sent to the push device listed as your phone are a Disarm notification and an Open “Pool Gate” sensor event.

Those are both within the last hour. Did you get both of those as a push notification on your phone?

It seems to be working now. However on the alarm yesterday, I did not get any notifications, texts, on any of my devices

Unrelated to the alarm event, but I was looking through for examples in your history to see if another alarm was tested: actually related to your other thread with multiple door lock events in history, did you receive multiple notifications when the “Kitchen Lock” was unlocked by a user today?

No, I just received one notification.

The problem with the locks is that they constantly fall off line and I bought the latest ones from Schlage a few months ago to try and resolve this.

As I recall you said that the locks were sending multiple events similar to the shades. I was wondering if that was still the case, but you seem to indicate no.

The multiple lock/unlock events still occur.

Here is the thread you are referencing.

Alarm.com has the duplicated unlock and lock events escalated and is investigating.

Schlage and 2GIG don’t mix well, often. From the other thread, ADC has confirmed the Schlage BE469ZP is compatible with 700 series Z-wave radios, but that excludes 2GIG GC2 and GC3 panels. They’ve pointed out that this may just be an incompatibility issue on display.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Panel Disarmed and no one disarmed it