Alarm Trigger

Today (1/20/24) at 09:39 my system detected a low battery on my front door. At 09:40 it detected the front door sensor was opened. This triggered a pending alarm.

The door was not open. Also, the front door battery was not/is not low. I am curious why both of these false detections might have happened almost simultaneously.

I can confirm that the alarm sensor labeled Front Door reported a low battery and an alarm event in short succession. It also looks like the sensor did not report closed again for a little while, it shows as being left open.

I am also seeing in your trouble history a number of recent malfunctions on that sensor zone. This does suggest that there is likely an actual issue with that battery. It is rarer but it may also indicate the sensor itself is failing and needs replacement.

The first thing I would try is new batteries.

The alarm sensor for the front door is hardwired.

Is that hardwired sensor connected to a TAKE-345?

The TAKE-345 has a backup battery, and the malfunctions would be caused by either potential difficulty of the TAKE-345 reaching the panel now, or resistance issues on the circuit.

How old is the backup battery being used by the 2GIG TAKE-345? Those 12VDC brick batteries should be replaced about every 5 years or so depending on usage.

Yes, it is connected to Take-345.

I replaced the battery in September of 2020, but I think I will proactively replace it. I am headed out of town and don’t want to risk a false alarm.