Alarm Siren via Sonos Integration

I have been trying to find a way to have my outdoor speakers play a siren sound when an alarm goes off. I have 4 speakers that are connected via a Sono Amp mounted under the eves of my house. Since alarm.com and sonos have an integration, I wouldn’t think that this is too far fetched. I looked into IFTTT but have not been able to come up with anything. There should be an option to emit the siren to all or specific sonos devices when a trigger or alarm is activated. I already have the PowerG outdoor siren but utilizing the outdoor speakers would be a game changer. I already have 6 400W led flood lights surrounding the house that turn on during all alarms. If I could get the speakers to play a siren, it would really catch the attention of the robbers, and the police looking for which house it is. If I am not aware of this feature please let me know, otherwise can we see about forwarding this to adc to a future discussion?

Thanks

I’m not aware of that but it’s a great idea! I’ll make sure to pass it along.

1 Like

While they agree it’s an interesting and valuable idea the main concern from Alarm.com is that Sonos control has to go through the Sonos system. There isn’t a direct local path for communication like there is with PowerG and Z-Wave sirens. There could be reliability issues if you were to rely on it in an alarm situation. Of course, you’re not relying on it. For you it would just be an added benefit. Either way they said they would pass it along to the Sonos integration team for consideration.

Understood, correct, I wouldn’t be relying on it like you said and I’m sure there could be a delay since it’s not a directly communicating with the security side of the panel. Appreciate your time looking discussing the topic.