Alarm restorals/cancels

What would be advantage for me to disable alarm restoral and cancel reports being sent to central station? Is it true it puts your alarm as a higher priority and you will get a much faster response?

I tested my 2 way burg signal with alt CS ,I’m glad to report it worked this time! But response time seemed too slow well over 30 seconds, still well within industry standards , I just got spoiled by MA,s 15 second response times over 2 way, very impressive!! I know they are a much smaller station though

Will CS respond over 2 way for fire alarms? I know default says call location,if no location or out 90 seconds dispatch. I would like them to respond over 2 way in case it’s a cooking accident etc.

What would be advantage for me to disable alarm restoral and cancel reports being sent to central station? Is it true it puts your alarm as a higher priority and you will get a much faster response?

I cannot speak for other companies, but no, contact occurs the same regardless of cancel signals, in fact I would very strongly recommend against this as it removes details that would otherwise offer operators information about the event.

I’m glad to report it worked this time!

Great! You should be good to go. Did you test a medical alert?

Will CS respond over 2 way for fire alarms?

Yes. 2-way is not in procedure descriptions as it does not apply to all users, but it is first contact when it applies.

Thank you, I know a well known national company automatically programs a 30 second mandatory sia dialer delay , cannot be removed or changed as soon as a disarm code is entered after 30 second delay they cease all response , and if they haven’t already called you they send an automated message indicated the cancel was received and police will not be dispatched and If you are on the phone with them they won’t even ask for password because they received the cancel, I’ve experienced this first hand , so that’s why I was inquiring ,glad suretycam doesn’t do this !!