Alarm panel active with no installer code

I moved into a house that has a Vivint house monitoring system. Yesterday the alarm went off and on the monitoring screen it ask for a 4 digit code to turn it off. I don’t know what the code number is because the previous owner didn’t give me any material re this system. What should I do?

Happy to assist!

Do you know if service has been shut off through the previous provider?

The code would be required in order to deactivate the alarm. If you do not have any codes and/or cannot get the codes from the previous owner or service provider, you could simply power down the panel completely, transformer first, then the internal battery to prevent it from going off again.

Are you looking to utilize the equipment with service through suretyDIY?

Would this be a Sky Panel or a 2GIG Go!Control panel?

If it is the Sky Panel, please note that it is not Alarm.com compatible and would not be compatible with our service, you can find more information on this topic on our forum. If this is the case you would need a new panel and cellular module to utilize service through suretyDIY. You can find a list of compatible panels here.

However, if the panel is the 2GIG Go!Control panel, you can find the necessary steps on how to switch to our service on this page. Please note, historically all modules sold by the provider you have named are locked to that provider, therefore a new module would be required. This post on our forum covers this topic in detail.

Service through suretyDIY can be found here. Service can be purchased with or without 24/7 central station monitoring as well. Pricing, add–ons, and features can be found via the previous link.