Alarm.com Text messages

Over the weekend, ADC was sending text messages as late as 20 hours. I have two ADC accounts, had the same problem with both. Any idea what is going on??? No info on the ADC site.
Should we worry about ADC?

We can see in Alarm.com history when event triggers occur and notification is sent. The delay in all cases in your history is less than 3 seconds.

If you are seeing a delay in notifications hitting your device, the first thing I would suggest is checking for other message types. It looks like you use both email and push notifications as well for most events.

If text messages specifically are delayed unfortunately this is typically a result of the phone carrier delaying those messages due to error or network congestion. This issue is not common, but it can happen and push notifications sent to the ADC App are typically a better indication of expected delay as long as your phone has an active data or wifi connection.

Thanks Jason! But I am still concerned. Push notifications do not stay on my screen and go away after a few seconds. If I am away from my phone I will miss the notifications.
I have also noticed a change in the text messages. They used to come with a five digit number (not a phone number) Now this morning they are coming with a 410 area code phone number. FYI, this morning everything is immediate. Was ADC doing maintenance over the weekend?

Actually, in looking at your account it appears you are using a phone on the AT&T network.

This is indeed a currently known issue affecting AT&T network users, per ADC dealer notice. There is no ETA on a resolution yet, but ADC has notified AT&T to get this issue resolved.

AT&T panel communication modules are likewise experiencing delays on inbound commands.

They used to come with a five digit number (not a phone number) Now this morning they are coming with a 410 area code phone number. FYI, this morning everything is immediate. Was ADC doing maintenance over the weekend?

Yes, that is part of the notice. The sender address to AT&T network phones was not showing correctly and messages were delayed.

Notice text below:

"Alarm.com has been made aware of an issue with the AT&T network which may result in delayed or failed text notifications to AT&T phones as well as slower than usual command responses from accounts using AT&T modules. You may notice that successful Alarm.com text notifications will appear to come from various “from” addresses.

We are working with the carrier to resolve this issue and will give an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we address this matter."

Jason, great explanation; I appreciate you sharing ADC notices.

I assume that this in no way affects alarm conditions and all unauthorized notifications from the panel to ADC are unaffected, correct?

I assume that this in no way affects alarm conditions and all unauthorized notifications from the panel to ADC are unaffected, correct?

Correct, outbound status signals do not appear to be affected. This only applies to inbound command forwarding to the module through the AT&T network and text sms through AT&T.