Alarm.com SVR Beta Test Discussion

Damn…PC doesn’t see the SVR when connected to either front or back USB port. Hmm.

Perhaps the only option is to physically remove the HDD’s?

I agree with you that local access to recordings should be a benefit of having a USB port. I would imagine, similar to other NVRs, a USB port would permit pulling video onto a flash drive for backup purposes. I don’t know of any USB-to-PC interface for really any surveillance NVR/DVR.

I’m also perplexed by the small, two-pin terminal block port. It has to be either a provision for future use or artifact of board design process.

I would guess the USB ports could be put to good use post Beta.

Hmm…perhaps its time for a tear down…

Can I participate in the Beta program? I have a pretty extensive Alarm.com (2GIG) system with 5 total IP cams.

Thanks,

Greg

As of today beta test units have all been sent out. I can request an additional one from ADC, but I can’t make any promises.

A little late to the party… Just got the SVR unit. It installed perfectly with no issues. I like the design and ability to change out the hard drives easily.
I am hoping as others mentioned we will be able to view the video locally on our own networks.

As far as seeing the video online… How much of a delay before the video is available to view?

I only experienced a delay of a couple minutes or so.

Opps. Never mind.

If yall are in need of any other beta testers I’m happy to assist!! I’m assuming I’m wayyy to late, but it never hurts to ask. Also, what will be the associated pricing for the units/service?

Thanks

@ rive: That I am not seeing. Times match up here. Was just playing video from about a minute and a half ago. Accurate EST.

SVR defaults to a clip from one hour ago based on when you connect. Can you verify your timeline ends on the right at 4:00 now?

Ok, Video is working, timeline seems to match. Going to play around and see whats is what.

@Jason

Nevermind the time post. I deleted it. The timeline caught up.

One thing I tested is network offline.

Unplugged the modem for 5 min at 4:35, plugged it back in at 4:40. On the SVR timeline there was approx a 20 min delay or so… But then I was able to watch a video feed for those 5 min when network was offline.

@ Venom, can you verify that you have active recording schedules?

Is there simply no data on the timeline?

Was watching video as it approached an event in the timeline it got to and passed the event and the video never showed the event. When I clicked on the timeline right before the event it played properly. I saw my girlfriend pull in the driveway and come into the house. I don’t know what time frame was playing when it was supposed to be playing her arriving home. Since clicking on the timeline and letting it play, the video now seems to be matching the time.

Jason, it took about 20 minutes before I could start watching video. It showed recording and it was using Hard Drive Space, but when I would try and play it would give an error that the video could not be loaded, please try again. Eventually it just started working.

So far everything has been running smoothly for me for the past day. No complaints at all, I don’t seem to notice an impact on my overall home network bandwidth and it is actually so smooth of a transition it is equipment I don’t notice is there. I see all the frontend improvement in video, but I don’t remember it is there, which is what you want.

Biggest suggestion for Alarm.com overall is to get to the place where people can set this all up without a computer. I am used to this as a techie, but the way they are pushing the marketing-it would seem they want to appeal to all demographics. Nest/Dropcam have smartphone setup I believe.

Biggest suggestion for Alarm.com overall is to get to the place where people can set this all up without a computer.

I set my SVR up via android/smartphone device. My only gripe is that to view videos/SVR timeline it requires flash or java…neither of which is supported on mobile.

So I have to use my android device to remote my Windows PC.

I can use the SVR Timeline and watch video from my Google Nexus 5 Android with no problems.

Granted the SVR Timeline on my phone is not as nice looking or as informative as far as events.

can use the SVR Timeline and watch video from my Google Nexus 5 Android with no problems.

I have a Nexus 7 lollipop android 5.2.2…Chrome doesn’t support the plugins. what are you using Dolphin?

I am using the Alarm.com app.