Alarm.com service currently down

I just want to make note that the alarm.com service appears to be currently down. I noticed the outage started at least from my perspective at 6:08 PM EST today. The issue is the app is unable to load and eventually times out. I was unable to open my garage door. And when I asked Alexa to close my garage door, she said that she was “unable to access my alarm.com account”

I will report back when this appears to be back up

Just to add, some thing are currently working. The service is logging that I opened and closed some doors successfully. And if I use the garage opener manually, it’s logging the events appropriately.

Right now, it appears to be more of an issue on controlling any devices.

I can get in although it was really slow via the app but I cannot view my cameras or saved video clips.

Yes I can still get in, but slow to load. And then there are control issues like you are experiencing.

I’m seeing an issue with alarm.com responding as well. IQPanel all tests pass including WiFi, but dual path (cellular) and cellular only tests fail with Central Station not responding. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with the Surety CS, and not alarm.com?

I’m having the same issues now

It’s showing up for me now. I would appreciate it if someone at Surety can report this to alarm.com for an investigation.

Now there’s a message saying that the radio in the panel is down. Please fix this ASAP.

It’s also not triggering any of my alarm.com set z-wave automation routines. I’m really starting to think it’s not an alarm.com issue or a lot more people would be reporting it.

According to the insurance certificate, Surety uses AvantGuard Monitoring. I believe they will be the ones to resolve.

Erik,

At least with my symptoms, it does not involve central monitoring. I don’t even have CS, but use self monitoring.

What panel do you have? What does it say when you do a WiFi/cell test? Also, which version of firmware do you have? I am going to check mine and post here shortly.

I have a Qolsys IQPanel 2+ running:
Software Version: 2.5.3-ADCS 7.28-ADCL 7.28
Build Number: 20200827_b19
Last Upgrade Date: 2020-09-07 10:56:44

I ran a cellular test, and it said:
Cellular radio test timed out. Please try again later. For new installs, please verify an account has been created.
(I can provide my IMEI ID to Surety directly if needed)

When running a dual-path test, it show the following. (config shows Dual-Path is Enabled, using cellular and Wi-Fi)

I got an email from Alarm.com yesterday stating that the panel has not responded since 9:28am (central) on Thursday, December 31, 2020.

Note: Around this time of morning, I was working on some of my home network. Primarily moving IoT devices to a separate VLAN and opening firewall ports accordingly. This panel had been working for many months on the same IoT VLAN. I did change the network SSID from visible to hidden however. To see if this was related to the issue, I reconnected the panel to the same IoT network by manually entering SSID and password, tested and got the same results. Then, I moved to my main network with no restrictions on inbound/outbound firewall rules, and tested. Same results. Rebooted the panel, reran test, same results.

Symptoms:

• Unable to control automation devices or control arm/disarm of panel from alarm.com
  • Unable to successfully test cellular/dual-path configuration
  • Automation schedules from alarm.com for lights, etc. will not run. They do run if you manually turn devices on/off, lock, etc. directly from the panel.

I hope this provides more info regarding my specific scenario.
Wi-Fi communication test timed out. Please try again later.

It looks like I was just able to get this working by upgrading the panel to patch iqpanel2.5.4 manually.

I am now able to send commands to the panel from alarm.com app and also all the cellular and dual path tests are working.

Just checking if anyone is still having any issues. I can confirm that there was a general operations alert for Alarm.com around this time, marked as resolved at this time.

It’s also not triggering any of my alarm.com set z-wave automation routines. I’m really starting to think it’s not an alarm.com issue or a lot more people would be reporting it. According to the insurance certificate, Surety uses AvantGuard Monitoring. I believe they will be the ones to resolve.

Commands between the Alarm.com app/website and your panel do not involve the monitoring station in any way. Alarm.com and cellular carriers handle the panel communication.

Jason,

Yes all good on this side. As long as the ADC team was aware, I’m good.

As long as the ADC team was aware, I’m good

Yep, there was an operations alert it looks like that started just shortly after your post, by about 10 minutes. It has since been resolved, so if anyone has any lingering issues we can help troubleshoot. Should be good though.