alarm.com: separating lock codes from panel codes

currently if I need to set a lock code on alarm.com it only allows me to set a single code that would work for both: a lock and a security panel (system).

this is rather unsecure, since if I have people with me as I type the code on the lock pad, they may potentially learn the code, and now they know how to disarm the whole security system.

another piece of information: if I set a lock code manually (by programming the lock), all alarm.com codes get removed and vice versa: if I add a code via alarm.com, previously manually programmed codes get removed.

I have 2 somewhat connected questions:

• is there a way to keep codes set in both places: alarm.com and codes programmed on the lock?
  • what is the way to assign different codes to the panel and the lock via alarm.com?
currently if I need to set a lock code on alarm.com it only allows me to set a single code that would work for both: a lock and a security panel (system).

This is not correct. When creating a user code on Alarm.com, you can select to have the code be applicable to Security Panel, Locks, or both at any time by clicking the associated access icons near the bottom of the user code page in the “access control” section.

is there a way to keep codes set in both places: alarm.com and codes programmed on the lock?

All codes should generally be created through Alarm.com.

yes, that is exactly the problem:

For a single user I can’t set two separate codes: one for the security panel, and another one for the lock. I can only set a single code for all these combinations [panel and lock], [lock], [panel]. But it is still a single code.

The only way I see to solve this for now, unless there is a better way, is to create another user record, for the same exact user, in order to set two different codes: one for the security panel and the other one for the lock.

yes, that is exactly the problem:

Codes are matched in the panel and lock memory by user code slot, and each user name corresponds to a user code slot. If you want someone to have a different code for the panel and the lock you would just want to create two users in the list for that individual.

Due to the way user codes are matched to slots and names in the various equipment and panels, I’ll be honest and say I do not anticipate this changing soon, but we are happy to send suggestions along to Alarm.com.