Alarm.com Schedules and Z-wave Switches

I currently purchased two GE z-wave in-wall switches model 12722 and one Linear PS15z light module. Everything installed without any issues on my 2gig GoControl panel. I can also turn on and off my lights using my alarm.com account without any issues when doing it manually. However, when scheduling my lights, it’s hit or miss. Sometimes the lights will come and and turn off my and other times nothing happens. This is frustrating because the main reason for my purchase was to auto schedule my lights. I don’t think there is anything wrong with my switches because they work 100% of the time when turning on and off manually. Plus the chances of all three being defective is very minimal. I don’t think the range is an issue either. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the switches. I have also deleted my rules and recreated without any success. I truly think that the issue is that alarm.com is not sending the rule signal at the appropriate time. But I have no way to verify this since rule commands are not logged into history. Any help or support with this issue would be greatly appreciated…

…By the way… I have been using the “sunset” feature to set my schedule. I have done some research and read that currently the “sunset” feature does not work very well with alarm.com. I am going to try setting a schedule by just using a specific time going forward and will report back…

What is the age of your panel? Did you purchase it used? We have heard of similar issues affecting older panels. Could you provide the date code? It is typically printed on a sticker inside the panel. Also, underneath the Emergency Buttons on the panel’s face does it read Emergency or are there symbols there?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with my switches because they work 100% of the time when turning on and off manually.

Did you run a successful Network Rediscovery after the switches were installed?

I have also deleted my rules and recreated without any success. I truly think that the issue is that alarm.com is not sending the rule signal at the appropriate time.

Have you had issues with Z-wave switches not activating on a schedule when the trigger is set to a specific time or just via sunrise sunset?

But I have no way to verify this since rule commands are not logged into history.

Unfortunately, we cannot see when local rules would activate.