Alarm.com Mobile App - Unchecking "force bypass" doesn't do anything different with arming IQ4

Alarm.com Mobile App for iOS v4.21.8 with Qolsys IQ4 v4.1.0

Scenario IQ4 has Auto Bypass disabled. A perimeter door is left open.

When arming in the Alarm.com Mobile App, I un-check the “Force Bypass” option and the system still does an auto bypass arming, and I would expect it to not proceed with the arm or ask me to approve the bypass. If I leave “Force Bypass” checked it behaves in the same fashion as when it’s unchecked, performing an auto bypass arming.

Arming from the panel requests you to cancel and clear the sensor or proceed with an auto bypass.

The auto-bypass setting only affects arming locally at the panel. Remote arming will automatically bypass all open or tampered sensors regardless of whether this setting is enabled or disabled.

Now on 4.1.0 firmware you can also manually bypass selected zones remotely on the IQ Panel 4.

If you have an open zone when arming remotely (does not apply to interior followers) they will be bypassed regardless.

What is the point of having the “Force Bypass” option in the alarm.com app if it doesn’t do anything? Is it functional with other panels and Qolsys has chosen to not include this capability with the IQ4?

1 Like

That functionality is different across panels, yes. For instance the Concord 4 only allows Stay arming if using Force Bypass, and Force Bypass can be disabled in the Concord panel programming as well.

With the recent addition of allowing manual bypass of zones remotely in IQ4, it would be nice for Qolsys to also add support for using the “forced bypass” toggle to disable the automatic bypass via remote arming.

1 Like

I will pass this on to Qolsys. Things don’t always come to fruition but in my experience Qolsys has been the most adaptable panel manufacturer and has implemented many suggested improvements and requests, so it is always worth it to ask.

1 Like