Alarm.com iPhone app - notifications

Greetings all,

I’m a new user of Surety, and am working through finalizing my installation. In testing the Alarm.com app, I am unable to configure it and my iPhone 13 Pro Max to notify me using sounds while the phone is in silent mode.

The phone is running iOS 16.1, and I put it into silent mode via the switch on its side.

My intention is so that I am notified of important things, such as a door opening or the doorbell being rung, even though I’ve silenced the phone. I don’t want the phone to ring while I’m working, for example, yet I want to know if my door has been opened.

I work for a company that has written its own app, that leverages Critical notifications, and this app is able to “break through” silent mode for important notifications in this way, so I assumed this would also be the case with the Alarm.com app.

Can someone let me know if there is a configuration to allow this to happen?

Thanks!

1 Like

You can configure Critical alerts for the iOS app.

Within the ADC app tap the menu icon, then Notifications. The Critical Alerts toggle switch is found there.

On the phone you can enter the iOS Settings app, scroll down to the app list and tap Alarm.com, tap Notifications, tap the Allow Critical Alerts toggle to enable or disable Critical Alerts.

Critical Alert notifications are sent for the following events:

• Alarm
  • Fire Alarm
  • Auxiliary Panic
  • Police Panic
  • Carbon Monoxide
  • Fire Panic
  • Flood Extreme Temp Alarm
  • Keypad Tamper Alarm
  • Tamper Alarm
  • Water Alarm
  • Entry Delay Trouble