Alarm.com Dimming Rules Issue

I’m trying to do something that I 1) thought was simple and 2) pretty sure I accomplished previously:

7pm - turn lamp on (100%)
10pm - dim lamp to 50%
11pm - turn lamp off

My problem is that the next evening, the lamp is coming on at 50% dim at 7pm. How do I get it to come on each evening at 7pm at full power? I thought I previously solved this by setting the lamp to come on again at 7pm at “100% dim” either as a second rule or as an edit of the original. I have been working on this for an hour and I’m about to lose my mind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For dimmers, yes you want to use the “DIM” action in the Alarm.com rule in order to set the percentage, not “Turn On.”

So the rules:

1. DIM 100%
  2. DIM 50%
  3. Turn Off

To take all variables out of the equation, you’ll want to delete the existing rules and create three separate rules performing these tasks. Does it then function properly?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but no luck. When I set those rules up, the lamps won’t even turn on in the evening at all. The only method I have found that is close, is:

1 - TURN ON
2 - DIM to 100% (10 minutes later)
3 - DIM to 50%
4 - TURN OFF

When I leave out the first “TURN ON,” the lamps never turn on in the first place.

What model of dimmer device are you using?

Ah ha. Finally found a combo that works:

1. DIM 99% (Not 100%)
  2. DIM 50%
  3. Turn Off

I guess my version can’t process dimming at full power. Dim = 1%-99% or not at all.

Don’t know if that is how it is supposed to work, but it works. I’m using a Linear product.

Thanks very much for helping me troubleshoot!