Alarm.com compatible lock to work with egress push-bar

I am having trouble finding a lock that will work on our business front door which is fitted with an egress push-bar. Anyone got a solution?

Alarm.com Mercury intelligent access controllers should work with most commercial door locking mechanisms including mag lock and electric strike. You can see the access control boards on this page under Access Control.

What kind of lock do you have on your door?

I believe it is a Schlage z-wave lever (inside and out).

Hmm… When you said egress push bar my head went right to a typical commercial lock. So it has a crash bar and a z-wave lever lock? Would you be able to upload a pic or two so we can see what your setup looks like?

In my experience if you want an automatic lock that works with a crash bar you would use an electric strike. And an Alarm.com Mercury access controller would work with that.

Surety
Hello, Rreynold Roy: Email 1

I tried sending you a pdf containing images showing the front door arrangement with the crash-bar and the Schlage lock (this one is not z-wave) but it was rejected since it was a pdf. So I propose to send you 3 emails each one attaching one jpeg.

Any help you can offer would be wonderful. Our contract is held by Brinks, which I believe is the only Alarm.com vendor in our area – Chapel Hill, NC

Thanks.

Surety
Hello, Rreynold Roy: Email 2

I tried sending you a pdf containing images showing the front door arrangement with the crash-bar and the Schlage lock (this one is not z-wave) but it was rejected since it was a pdf. So I propose to send you 3 emails each one attaching one jpeg.

Any help you can offer would be wonderful. Our contract is held by Brinks, which I believe is the only Alarm.com vendor in our area – Chapel Hill, NC

Thanks.

Surety
Hello, Rreynold Roy: Email 3

Thanks.

I see. You have a Schlage CO-100 series lock. Correct?

As fas as I know there isn’t a Z-Wave version of that. But I’m not an expert on that line of locks. Are you sure it’s Z-Wave? Is there an exact model number on it that you can see?

To the best of my knowledge, the only option for your door that’s Alarm.com compatible would be to install an electric strike and use an Alarm.com Mercury access controller with it. That would mean when you unlock the door from Alarm.com it’s the door strike (in the frame) that actually opens instead of the latch (on the door) opening. You could continue using your existing crash bar and lock with an electric strike but you would need a separate keypad on the outside for people to enter their Alarm.com user codes.

One more caveat, your Alarm.com provider would have to put you on a commercial plan if you’re not already. Commercial access control features aren’t available with residential Alarm.com plans.

I hope this helps. If you don’t mind, we’d love for you to follow up here with what you end up doing. It’s an interesting issue!

Surety
Thank you Roy. I will certainly post again to let you know what happens.

1 Like