Alarm.com and Secondary Controller

I have seen this talked about in many places, but I have not seen any real answers. Perhaps there isn’t one. I love the new Alarm.com scenes and the integration with Amazon Echo. As with many, I too am annoyed at stating “Alexa, tell Alarm.com…”. Has anyone been successful with using any of the many home automation hubs compatible with Alexa as a secondary controller? This way you eliminate the “Alexa, Tell ADC”… but still have all the benefits of everything being on Alarm.com

I am sure Alarm.com will get better. They really need to get rid of the “Lights” category and make it a customized feature. It is silly to say “Alexa, Tell alarm.com to turn on the living room fan lights” when all you want to do is turn on the fan. Or, “Alexa, Tell alarm.com to turn on the TV lights” :slight_smile:

I am sure Alarm.com will get better. They really need to get rid of the “Lights” category and make it a customized feature. It is silly to say “Alexa, Tell alarm.com to turn on the living room fan lights” when all you want to do is turn on the fan. Or, “Alexa, Tell alarm.com to turn on the TV lights”

It is inevitable the more people use it that additions and improvements are developed.

I followed up with ADC on this with a feature request. Hopefully the ball can get rolling. It may already be and they just can’t publish details yet.

I’ve not had any experience with Echo and a secondary controller, though theoretically that should work, as long as the controller/panel interaction works.