Alarm.com and MyQ integration

For the past 3 years, I’ve had an IQ Panel 2 through Surety/alarm.com and MyQ enabled garage door openers. Everything was seamlessly integrated and worked as you’d expect. I could log into the ADC app and open/close garage doors and have them tied in to scenes. However, I just got a new router, and decided to use the opportunity to take advantage of the new WPA3 encryption protocols, so I created all new (unique) SSIDs for the various wifi bands, but that meant all WiFi devices would need to be reconnected. Don’t worry, the 2.4ghz band is using WPA2 not 3 so it can support lots of legacy/smart home devices. In fact this new Verizon provided router has 3 different SSID options, a Primary (2.4, 5, and 6ghz bands), Guest (2.4 and 5 I think) and an IoT one (2.4 only).

I initially attempted to just reset the WiFi network on the garage door following these instructions: Support but I still got an error after connecting initially finding the Garage Door internal WiFi network. I tried this many times with no success. So then I tried a factory reset: Support but still encountered an error at the same point. I don’t recall if it was before or after the factory reset that I switched from using the Android MyQ app to my wife’s iPhone MyQ app. I made it a bit further into the process to the point on the iPhone that I was prompted to input the serial # of the garage door. That’s when it alerted me that the serial # was tied to an alarm.com account and it wouldn’t allow me to go any further.

All I wanted to do was change the WiFi network of my smart garage door, but I’ve now fiddled so much with it that I think it may just be easier to start from scratch. I already factory reset, so what’s the process for removing it from my ADC account and then later readding it once I have the WiFi network issues resolved?

I already factory reset, so what’s the process for removing it from my ADC account and then later readding it once I have the WiFi network issues resolved?

If factory reset, they would need to be deleted and relearned anyway, I have gone ahead and deleted those for you.

Yes, the instructions from Chamberlain for wifi settings changes all assume MyQ app usage instead of third party setup, so it can get frustrating.

You can set up wifi using their instructions, then delete the gateways from the MyQ app and add in Alarm.com again.

Steps to add to Alarm.com are here:

Thank you Jason! I think my issue yesterday was that I didn’t realize my phone was running my VPN application. After noticing that this morning, and turning that off, I had success setting up many of the devices (including the MyQ Garage Doors) that were giving me issues yesterday.

I’ve followed the instructions from the link you provided. I get to step 8 of this portion: Connect the Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener to the Wi-Fi Network but then there are 4 options for MyQ Devices, none of which are actually “Garage Door Opener” like I select in the MyQ app. Instead the options are: MyQ Control Panel, MyQ Internet Gateway, MyQ Smart Garage Hub, MyQ Wifi Garage Opener. I’m guessing I should select the MyQ Wifi Garage Opener. After doing that, I input the serial number and it then pops up with an error message saying “Please open or close your garage door and try adding the door to your account after the door stops moving. Serial Number - ##########”. That’s where I’ve stopped, since I’m on a different floor from the garage door. Do I just need to activate it from the wall button and then return to the ADC web interface and put the serial # in one more time to get it to work?

Do I just need to activate it from the wall button and then return to the ADC web interface and put the serial # in one more time to get it to work?

If you see that message in ADC, typically yes, you’ll probably just need to open close a couple times.

And yes, if you have an overhead door motor with wifi built into it, select MyQ Wifi Garage Opener