Alarm.com Amazon Echo

Can Echo control Scenes through ADC?

Can we make an Echo “Sticky” on this forum with a list of supported commands and update it as more commands are added?

Can Echo control Scenes through ADC?

Not at the current time.

Can we make an Echo “Sticky” on this forum with a list of supported commands and update it as more commands are added?

Subscribe to this thread for updates.

See the attached user guide for initially supported commands:

• Arm Stay
  • Lock Door
  • Close Garage Door
  • Record a Video Clip
  • Control Lights
  • Control T-stat

Keep in mind there are a number of ways of asking the same thing which will expand further as Alexa/ADC command recognition becomes more and more natural.

Generally, you can check the status of any device you can control as well.

For example: “Alexa, ask Alarm.com if the patio door is locked” “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to lock the patio door”

For additional info you can ask Alarm.com for help through Alexa.

Amazon_Echo_Quickstart_Guide-1.pdf (551 KB)

I just wish you didn’t have to say ask alarm.com every time. I just got the echo yesterday. Me and my 6 year old had a few laughs

I just wish you didn’t have to say ask alarm.com every time

This is my #1 pet peeve with this integration. It’s because Alarm.com has not made their skill a proper “smart home skill”. As of this moment on the “skill store” there are 50 other smart home skills, from the likes of Honeywell, Vivint, SmartThings, Lutron, Iris, Wemo, HomeSeer, Wink, Nest, Insteon, Yonomi, and even Frigidaire for cripes sakes. It has become embarrassing that Alarm.com hasn’t gotten this particular act together.

I agree it is a bit annoying. We will certainly pass this suggestion along to Alarm.com. Hopefully, with enough prodding, we can get this working more efficiently.

I second that… It’s actually causing me to look for other zwave solutions that support alexa Skills and homekit (but not alarm stuff obviously)

Any new commands or functionality added to Echo lately?

Not as of yet. As Echo adoption grows and more and more ADC customers use the integration, I would expect features to come out.

I now have several Echo’s. It’s really annoying to have to remember to say Alarm.com every time. Please give us native smart home control integration.

Please give us native smart home control integration.

Note that this is a technical support forum for suretyDIY users. We are not Alarm.com nor representatives of Alarm.com so we could not simply make this decision.

That said we’ve discussed with ADC and additional features/updates are likely inevitable as the adoption rate grows.

As a follow up, Alarm.com updates this week include adding Alarm.com as a Smart Home Skill for the Echo.

See the post here for more info.